Firing from vehicles

Tobias Solem

So... whats the point of this post? Oo

Firing from vehicles is part of the update that goes along with the Arma 3 Heli DLC - released later today (in about 5 hours).

That means you can use this feature in every Arma 3 mod/mission anyway...

Or did I miss the point?

So... whats the point of this post? Oo

Firing from vehicles is part of the update that goes along with the Arma 3 Heli DLC - released later today (in about 5 hours).

That means you can use this feature in every Arma 3 mod/mission anyway...

Or did I miss the point?

You didn't really miss the point, it's just that it will be a game changer in many ways for Epoch too I believe.

of course nothing wrong about it :P

but for arma, firing from vehicles is one of the most requested features of the whole series, so i just didn`t get his message/intention.

The intention was to rejoice about it finally being here.

Secondarily to inform everyone that possibly didn't know about its arrival.

Geez. XD

firstly this is friggen HUGE!  No more sitting in the back of a vehicle during a chase and having to wait to get out to unleash my MK200's fury.  No more landing in a hummingbird and seeing a guy and not being able to defend myself.  Be prepared all you that think you may have the upper hand.  Youre going to get bullet holes all in your arse LOL.  On a side note they need to change the Hunter(MRAP) back to the armored glory it once had.  You cant shoot out of it and its worse than paper mache if youre following a person with someone in the back of an offroad.

Will the Hunter receive more armor again now that its basically almost totally useless since its not armored currently and also can't shoot from it? I think offroad will rape a Hunter in no time.

No.

maybe.

Other day I was chased by a helicopter while in a boat, in real life even if it wasn't an "armed chopper" I imagine the passenger would be shooting at me.  It would have been great if I had a passenger who could also have fired back.

I think it is cool we will now seen more fights on the water, water to air fights, drive by shootings.  Whole new game.

How does this new DLC work with epoch? Can I still play without this DLC?

You can still play and interact with the new helicopters, but you cannot fly them without the DLC. So you can still open the gear, fly as a passenger, etc, but you just can't fly them. 

You can still play and interact with the new helicopters, but you cannot fly them without the DLC. So you can still open the gear, fly as a passenger, etc, but you just can't fly them. 

We had two players without the DLC unable to get into the chopper.  They could be towed in a vehicle but couldn't get in the chopper as passenger or loadmaster.