Custom Buildings Loaded on Proximity for Each Player

Donnovan

Question

Hi,

I'm working in put my server custom building local in each client and make then only show up when the player is near it. In this way i can have tons of custom buildings and each player will only see the ones near hin.

The buildings will be local on server too and 100% show up so AI know then.

The problem:

Istead of using createVehicle to spawn the buildings, objects, etc.. i need to use createVehicleLocal.

Sadly, createVehicleLocal does not have the "CAN_COLLIDE" placement, so it will change the location of the building if it overlap with another model.

Any way to spawn with createVehicleLocal using "CAN_COLLIDE" placement?

Thankyou!

6 answers to this question

jahangir13, the purpose is to only have spawned on the map the custom buildings that are inside the player view distance, and allow a huge amount of custom buildings.

A also never heard about this group. Will take a look!

Zupa, you don't need to do the spawn by model, you can do it per city/group_of_buildings.

So all over the map you have a low number of visibility checks.

I may be wrong, but i would imagine it would have to be client side. This being said, if you do this it would impact the server FPS every time a player was in proximity of said buildings.

And in a populated server with players spread all over the place it would cause some pretty major lag. If this makes any difference on performance at all, i would guess it would be a loss in performance.

Please feel free to correct me if im wrong.