Too many vehicles on map

theirongiant

But surely any vehicles at a trader, used to be on the map, they have to have been found and sold. So if server starts with 100 vehicles, when you sell 1 to a trader there are 99 left on the map and there should still be room to buy 1 from the trader? Or are there always 100 vehicles on the map so if you sell one, a new vehicle is then spawned somewhere to keep the count at 100 in game vehicles?

Since the patch anytime we sell a car and instantly try to buy one back it still says to many cars on the map. Same if we blow up cars and try to buy one maybe the world was overloaded

I had the same problem today. I would sell half a dozen fresh spawned cars to traders, then try to buy just one car, and still it would tell me there are too many cars on the map. Can anyone offer clarity on this? Why is the map spawning fresh cars after a server restart if too many exist as it is. It's getting to be where you can never really buy a car off a vendor... which is extremely annoying.

Vehicles spawn counts are based on the host's config settings. Some have it set to the default 150 or some might have it at 500. It all depends on the host. I myself only have it at 150 and have had no complaints (yet).

You must be talking Unofficial servers cuz the Official servers are not allowed to modify those values from my understanding.

Vehicles are sort of screwy in the mod/game.

I fix two tires on a truck ... drive through one fence.. ONE Fence and a tire is blown.

They are weak as sh*t

I could understand if a tire was a bit damaged that it would be completely damaged but it wasn't a bit damaged prior to hitting the one fence.

New to the game and been running on an epoch mod (dot) com (Midnight TV) server with my brother for about 4-5 days now (thank you 50% off ARMA). Absolutely love the MOD and all (except them exploding SOBs that seem to appear right behind you...) We have only seen 1 car that was damaged and we had no means to fix it. Since then, I haven't seen a car at all (Heard one this evening but never saw it). Needless to say, getting rather bummed because we are running everywhere and haven't made it far past the spawn points before getting ganged, falling 3 feet and dying, etc...

Are we doing something wrong?