Sarge AI walks through placed walls.

tigger

Question

9 answers to this question

Have reports of similiar issues.. in the end i added code to stop ai from checking out buildings in a certain range of plotholes.

Its in upsmon code somewhere i believe

Also stopped zombies + loot from spawning near plotholes aswell

Seems to reduce / stop it from happening as much.

note: all my buildings are serverside + from a quick glance epoch building is serverside aswell

Matthew, here's a quote from opendayz

Unpack your server.pbo and create a Folder inside (call it building if you want, I called it addons).
Open your server_functions.sqf wich is in the init folder with a texteditor and put this in, at the very bottom.

Code:
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\yourfoldername\yourfilename.sqf";

(replace yourfoldername and yourfilename with the actual names of your folder and files)
You can have as many of this lines like you want to add files

Code:
//foldername
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\foldername\yourfilename.sqf";

Pretty much all files can be added to the server pbo and referenced by the client. A cache is created client side, I don't know how often that cache is updated, I would expect only if the server pbo has changed, not tested. If everything is in the MPMission folder that will be downloaded each time a player joins the server.

Which machine that runs the code is the key thing:

http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=26

if (isServer) then { <CODE TO RUN IN HERE> }; 

will ensure it is run on the server only..

Standard dayZ debris and zombies are created clientside (on players pc), this is why they don't 'see' buildings created by the server. The Epoch deconstructable debris piles are serverside, I am told, as are the modular buildings..

AI created on the server, I would think, should see any serverside buildings. Though I have seen them act weird around map created buildings and shoot through them. They also have trouble negotiating through them. This is a limitation in the way Arma works, buildings need to be worked into the AI code.

Maybe making troop leaders aware of nearby buildings would help, something I will test. Anything added to the AI is going to add a load to the server.