D'oh: Items on the Ground Disappear

spinphd

Another recommendation:  Items dropped in piles on the ground disappear.  Uh, don't know about your end of the universe, but this definitely flies in the face of everyone's reality!

So garbage collection and the proliferation of piles of objects is a concern.  However, consider every tree object and every leaf.  I certainly DON'T need to see that many trees!  I would challenge the modders to find an intelligent way to handle this rather than make piles of gear disappear in 5 mins of game time!  THAT'S just moronic!  Certainly, at the very LEAST, objects have a lifetime, start there.

Thanks,

Spin Phd

Epochmod.com # 1, 2, 3, doesn't really specify what server. They are many broken servers with Epochmod.com in the name. Play on the officials. And you can't expect loot on the ground to stay forever it will disappear eventually otherwise it would eventually slow the server down.

You know nedfox, you can keep your pansy-boy, snarky comments to yourself.... unless you're driving to Houston that is, you let me know.

It is NOT true that it's necessary to make the server playable.  Folks not involved with the development of the mod need to stop promulgating the bullshit.  Now I acknowledged there are some concerns in my OP, the fact is, the "time" loot piles remain on the ground is way too short, so short it's simply stupid.  I challenge the creators to take a better look at this.  Childish remarks add nothing here!

The engine doesn't render or resolve all terrain, objects, etc.  It's not rendering a tree for you across the map that no one has LOS on.  The fact is, other mission and mod writers have done a better job of handling this.  Epoch should too.

You know nedfox, you can keep your pansy-boy, snarky comments to yourself.... unless you're driving to Houston that is, you let me know.

It is NOT true that it's necessary to make the server playable.  Folks not involved with the development of the mod need to stop promulgating the bullshit.  Now I acknowledged there are some concerns in my OP, the fact is, the "time" loot piles remain on the ground is way too short, so short it's simply stupid.  I challenge the creators to take a better look at this.  Childish remarks add nothing here!

The engine doesn't render or resolve all terrain, objects, etc.  It's not rendering a tree for you across the map that no one has LOS on.  The fact is, other mission and mod writers have done a better job of handling this.  Epoch should too.

Why do you think every playable mod uses loot containers instead of dropping random loot around. Cause ARMA..

Flosstradamus I believe you are correct here.