wood stoves for bases

mikeloeven

Can you add a simple craftable wood stove that can be placed inside buildings. it will burn wood and function like a normal fire execpt it will store 20 piles instead of 8 and will not dissapear on restart like a normal fireplace plus it appears more realistic since one wonders how building a fire inside a shed doesent burn it down

your making it too cheaty mine was just a metal stove that burned wood and could store more logs than a campfire not a perma fire or burn barrel as that is a bit OP

i was thinking along the lines of corrigated fence "body of stove" scrap metal x5 legs and door handel and one metal pole for the exhaust pipe

I signed up to the forums to ask for this. It could be even a more difficult-to-build stone one. I believe one of the farm houses that are used on Namalsk but not on Chernarus has a fireplace in the middle, I don't know if it can be just yanked from the model or not, but that would do just fine. IMHO, the light from a burning fire along with the sound is just perfectly atmospheric and adds a lot.

An additional reason why manually making fireplaces is insufficient is that they don't interact well with arma buildings- especially when placed higher above the ground they tend to end up sitting in mid-air somewhere above the place you placed them.

your making it too cheaty mine was just a metal stove that burned wood and could store more logs than a campfire not a perma fire or burn barrel as that is a bit OP

i was thinking along the lines of corrigated fence "body of stove" scrap metal x5 legs and door handel and one metal pole for the exhaust pipe

I like the idea of this, another good one would be a water well - cinderblocks, bucket, rope + a few toolbelt items to construct, especially with water becoming a requirement to smelt scrap metal.

Sorry, but i didn't explain well. i didn't mean perma-burn, but a permanent fixture that I could put outside(fire barrel and firepit) along with the wood stove inside. But you would still have to add fuel.

i am stuck on realism, i would never ask for perma-burn, just a perma pit or barrel that would stay there.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of this, another good one would be a water well - cinderblocks, bucket, rope + a few toolbelt items to construct, especially with water becoming a requirement to smelt scrap metal.

well should require Etool to place because you need something to dig the hole