[Tutorial] Disabling R3F Tow/Lift for Locked Vehicles

MrTesla

I edited the first post a bit for clarity. I don't have a server to see if it's still working though.

Tried doing this and got it working, however it stopped all my other scripts like Self BB, Snap too, adv salvaging etc from working, so had to remove it :(

My guess is that you overwrote your custom "compiles.sqf" when you performed step 2. Or you just changed your "init.sqf" to use your new "compiles.sqf" instead of the already edited one (with self BB and such). If you already have a custom "compiles.sqf" in your mission file you don't need to copy it from your client files. Just make the changes to the existing one.

it appears the 1.0.4.2 update has no "local_lockunlock.sqf" in the "compile" folder :(

Still there for me.

I'm totally new at scripting and after adding build snapping and self blood bag without any issue I have struggled for 24+ hours to get this to half work.

I can currently tow spawned non lockable vehicles and bought unlocked. Bought locked can not be towed. Before hand I could tow and lift everything.

Does the DZE_Helilift=true need changed to false for lift to work with R3F? I stupidly only tried with Chinnock meaning lift may never of worked or maybe my allowed vehicles needs changed. Can someone point me in the direction of the file.

This script seems to be a pain for most people lol.

Also what will stop SetPos Restriction kicks :-\

File wasn't there for me on a fresh install of 1.0.4.2 so I just made one using the lines posted in the tutorial. Will add the text I have I'm mine later today (if I have time) just make a new file called local_lockunlock.sqf and copy and past it then you have the file :-) If anyone else a wants to post their file text before me it could help.

Strange, I know what the command does but like Jigsaw I couldn't see the file :-\ , maybe it was hidden to me by server supplier (Vilayer). Anyway what you have actually but in your tutorial is the full file he needs to create.

My brains a little fried after days of scripting :-D

I just downloaded the client files manually from this site to check. It's definitely in there. dayz_code.pbo > compile > local_lockunlock.sqf

This is an essential file for Epoch. If it weren't there, locking and unlocking vehicles wouldn't work at all.

However, the lines that I posted weren't the whole script. The whole thing looks like this:

maybe it was hidden to me by server supplier (Vilayer).

It's in the client files (that every player downloads from either here or DayZ Commander), not the server files. Check your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead install directory. "@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo"

So you got this working with 1.0.4.2? I never had any problem finding or editing local_lockunlock.sqf, but still it still not work as intended. Guess I'll give it another try.

I don't have a server to test it, but I can't see why it wouldn't work anymore. Not much has changed in the code.

Anyone know how to limit the lift distance? that alone would solve lots of issues

It should be in the "heliporter.sqf" (R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\heliporteur\). I believe the "20" in this line is the lift distance:

_objet = nearestObjects [_heliporteur, R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables, 20];

It's in the client files (that every player downloads from either here or DayZ Commander), not the server files. Check your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead install directory. "@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code.pbo"

I don't have a server to test it, but I can't see why it wouldn't work anymore. Not much has changed in the code.

wait so how is this working?

You wanna make a post about how to do it pweasseee

There isn't much to understand, R3F has a single "disable" variable that can be set on any object called "R3F_LOG_disabled" - if this is set to true, towing/lifting does not work. For example:

_vehicle setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled",true,true];

In Epoch's case, you need to set this variable to either false (when vehicle is unlocked), or true (when vehicle is locked) in "local_lockUnlock.sqf" (obviously this file needs to be copied from dayz_code PBO to the mission file, and referenced in your custom compiles.sqf). And also set it to false in the server files (server_monitor.sqf, IIRC) when the vehicles are spawned in on restart.