Chat Channels & Player Voting

Heisenberg_ZAF

Hi All,

If at all possible, I would sincerely suggest that ALL server admins disable their Global- and Side- Channel chat ability. It really breaks concentration in-game when you have players whom either purposely or accidentally use it, and by using it I mean shouting at each other or at other players at the top of their voices. Even if not shouting, it still becomes quite annoying listening to other players instead of hearing what's going on around yourself. I know one could just go mute each and every player on the players list, but having to remember to do that every single time you log in isn't really convenient at all. It' not a major issue, it's just a simple suggestion from a regular player.

Another thing which might need to be disabled in some manner would be the 'Vote Admin' option in the players list. Other option would be just to change the % of players required in order for someone to be voted admin. To change the % you must go to your server files via ftp, look for the 'server.cfg' file, and in there you can change what % of players is required in order for someone to become 'Admin' on the server. We were on a server recently where there was another clan, and that clan was 75% of the players on the server. This clan then proceeded to vote 1 member of theirs as 'Admin', and he in turn then gained access to the Global Chat Channel and also the ability to kick players from the server. In short, we were annoyed for quite some time with his constant squeals, and eventually he also started kicking us all off from the server.

Anyone else that has had similar experiences, or whom could add some more info to the topic, please post it here :) Cheers!

Hi All,

If at all possible, I would sincerely suggest that ALL server admins disable their Global- and Side- Channel chat ability. It really breaks concentration in-game when you have players whom either purposely or accidentally use it, and by using it I mean shouting at each other or at other players at the top of their voices. Even if not shouting, it still becomes quite annoying listening to other players instead of hearing what's going on around yourself. I know one could just go mute each and every player on the players list, but having to remember to do that every single time you log in isn't really convenient at all. It' not a major issue, it's just a simple suggestion from a regular player.

Another thing which might need to be disabled in some manner would be the 'Vote Admin' option in the players list. Other option would be just to change the % of players required in order for someone to be voted admin. To change the % you must go to your server files via ftp, look for the 'server.cfg' file, and in there you can change what % of players is required in order for someone to become 'Admin' on the server. We were on a server recently where there was another clan, and that clan was 75% of the players on the server. This clan then proceeded to vote 1 member of theirs as 'Admin', and he in turn then gained access to the Global Chat Channel and also the ability to kick players from the server. In short, we were annoyed for quite some time with his constant squeals, and eventually he also started kicking us all off from the server.

Anyone else that has had similar experiences, or whom could add some more info to the topic, please post it here :) Cheers!

Heisenberg_ZAF

What server are you seeing this on? All our servers are already setup this way.

@MusTanG - Definitely found it enabled on the server we joined on, and it wasn't anyone from our side that was abusing it.

@vbawol - I will have a look tonight again, we were on one two nights ago where side chat and global was still enabled. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have bothered with my long boring post :P

Yeah, just wish that all servers with the Epoch Mod were regulated by the Devs, especially as far as updates for fixes are concerned such as disabling of side channels, etc.

In the one thread RE: 'Trusted Community Server Hosting' , it is requested that no additional addons/scripts must be run with the Mod. This should actually apply to the current non-official servers too, because they obviously must've manually re-enabled these features after the patch via some scripting.

Thanks for the info :) Still new to the forum so wasn't aware of the stolen files. Not sure why people wouldn't just rather approach the Devs and request to host a server legitly. After my own initial request to host a server (might've been 2 days ago), I was approached by a member whom said he could help me out with the files and set up a server at a nominal fee. I do not support pirated server files or games, so I just took that info (his name, etc) and sent it all through to Axle in a private message. Hopefully he will take action against this member.

Thanks for the info  :) Still new to the forum so wasn't aware of the stolen files. Not sure why people wouldn't just rather approach the Devs and request to host a server legitly. After my own initial request to host a server (might've been 2 days ago), I was approached by a member whom said he could help me out with the files and set up a server at a nominal fee. I do not support pirated server files or games, so I just took that info (his name, etc) and sent it all through to Axle in a private message. Hopefully he will take action against this member.

Glad you reported him/her. I think there should be a list of people who are trying to do this. This is just going to clog the forums with posts from people coming from unofficial servers with problems.

Yeah, I told this member that I do not require assistance with server setup, and I want the files directly from the Devs themselves (unless the Devs want to set it all up and maintain it themselves on our server which is also perfectly fine).

Hoping that the server files are made available to us so we can host one too locally, it's really a game breaker at the moment to play on servers with pings averaging 300. Until then I will try and stick to the official servers for the time being  ^_^