[Arma 3 0020994] The following issue has been RESOLVED

ItchySox

Referencing back to vbawol's original post about the "hacking", it appears that this is only one exploit that the "skiddies" used. So even with this issue fixed I think the "skiddies" may still have a few tricks up there sleeves and the servers may not go back up for the public for a while yet until all exploits are resolved.

Referencing back to vbawol's original post about the "hacking", it appears that this is only one exploit that the "skiddies" used. So even with this issue fixed I think the "skiddies" may still have a few tricks up there sleeves and the servers may not go back up for the public for a while yet until all exploits are resolved.

Thats the thing though. Exploits will never be 100% resolved. People will always find a way to bypass it as its the way with Arma 2. But it can also be pretty rare that someone will actually hack in your server even with the proper anti hack. If anything whatever the dev team is working on that is considered an anti hack then they will probably remove white listing once they have that finished.

I think the servers should go all public as fast as possible to get real testing done. The skiddies came almost instantly when the original alpha whitelist was removed and now as the system is somewhat in place, the current whitelist/password can be enabled again if there is need for it

Nice.. Hope they keep whitelistning and passwords though cause otherwise the hackers will be back instantly anyway´s, even with those security´s some will find their way through and without the free ARMA weekends will destroy the servers.

If you can´t go through the hassle to get yourself whitelisted or a password your most likely not fit for ALPHA testing anyway´s.

Nice.. Hope they keep whitelistning and passwords though cause otherwise the hackers will be back instantly anyway´s, even with those security´s some will find their way through and without the free ARMA weekends will destroy the servers.

If you can´t go through the hassle to get yourself whitelisted or a password your most likely not fit for ALPHA testing anyway´s.

Its not even about that though. Its a hassle for anyone to do that especially people who don't speak English or understand it at all. No game will ever be 100% protected even with white listing. Any skiddie can request a white list and fuck up a server.

Its not even about that though. Its a hassle for anyone to do that especially people who don't speak English or understand it at all. No game will ever be 100% protected even with white listing. Any skiddie can request a white list and fuck up a server.

Makes it a lot harder to do though.  Most probably wouldn't even bother if there are other servers that they can just jump on without any hassle.

It would seem to me that anyone that managed to find enough information to set up and play Epoch would know enough English to get whitelisted... you don't even have to do much but maybe create an account on their site.

Also, I would think there would still be plenty of people whitelisting enough to keep a server bustling.  BRMF is almost always full and MGT probably will be that way soon.

I get it, I just don't really have any desire to play on a server that's not at least whitelisted at this point.  But if stressing the server is all that's important then I guess that doesn't matter does it?

Ok if people don´t understand english can´t apply for whitelistning or server password how will they then be able to bugreport or understand how gamemechanics work like the future system thats being implemented for examples.. Sounds like this could be one of the reasons to why Humanity and such systems don´t work that there are no one translating everything for them. If you don´t understand how to do such a simple as getting yourself a account on a forum and maybe send someone a PM how will you then understand how the game works at all.

And is Epoch in the state where it wan´t to grow that massively in alpha stage with all the bugs that are going to be, I´m thinking bad publicity here.

No not 100% put I´m pretty sure that it helps to some extent, having to register your ARMA id to a site or be a active member sure does something and as I said then you can close it down to whose weekends when they have ARMA free which become hackerfest´s on the completely open servers.

When it´s time for real stress testing I´m sure the community can unite and meet on a couple of servers to keep them full.

It will but if it goes public to early I fear it might scare casuals away constantly dying and losing precious gear because of bugs and serverwipes.. And remember keeping something exclusive for a while will only make it more interesting : )