CFS firewall stopping battle eye GUID verification

morggin

Hello fellow linux users.

I'm using CFS firewall on my Ubuntu server and i have noticed that if i disable the CSF firewall my Epoch server will start verifying player GUIDs.  If i reboot the server with CFS enabled the Epoch server will not communicate with Battleye Master server.  I know i'm missing a port for Battleye.  For some reason i can't see any logs for iptables so i can't see what port is being blocked when the server tries to verify the GUID with Battleye Master server. 

So far i have opened 

2300 tcp/udp for steam port

2301 tcp/udp for steamqueryport

2302 tcp/udp for Epoch server

2344 tcp/udp for battleye

2345 tcp for battleye

i thought about using netstat to see if i can find the outbound port but need to dig deeper into the commands.

well ... i think i may have found the issue.  

Battleye seems to communicate out to Battleye Master on high ports.  I observed this by tailing syslog while trying to connect with the firewall on.  Started with tcp 37550 and continued up from there when it couldn't connect.  

I added to the TCP OUTBOUND 37000:59000 that should open plenty of high range ports outbound for epoch to establish a session to Battleye Master server GUID identification.

so now i have open 

2300 tcp/udp for steam port

2301 tcp/udp for steamqueryport

2302 tcp/udp for Epoch server

2344 tcp/udp for battleye

2345 tcp for battleye

37000:59000 tcp outbound for Battleye master server GUID ID.  Not sure if that entire range is necessary so what do you guys think?