install instructions

if your talking about the part where he says to make sure u change the directory of the 2 files you do that in fn self actions just search for the scripts (ctrl F)

it was remove.sqf and some thing else i dont remember, that was the only part that made me think for a few secs just make it point to the ones you modified 

Another pointless Topic opened  :angry:

That's is how you install it if you follow it right 

Hardly pointless when if you read the forums you come across topics like this one  saying that part of the install instructions are missing  and http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16378-release-single-currency-souls-20-quick-install-lazy-people-edition/ where it shows the below in variables.sqf

//-----------------------------------Currency & Banking Configs ---------------------------------//
CurrencyName = "Zupa Coins"; // name of your currency
DZE_ATM = ["Laptop_EP1"]; // items,objects classnames where u can bank.
LimitOnBank = false; // false = no limits, true = banks are limited on the value below
MaxBankMoney = 500000; // limit on bank for normal players
DonatorListZupa = ["76561198012464696","111111111"]; // bigger bank PUID
MaxDonatorBankMoney = 1000000; // Bank size donators

//-----------------------------------Currency & Banking Configs END ---------------------------------//

yet in the instructions it says 

// Add on top so it looks like this
disableSerialization;

DZE_ATM = ["Laptop_EP1"]; // objects where u can bank, add them here if u want extra's.

It dont take a rocket scientist to see there is a difference there so next time maybe thing twice before posting a pointless unwanted reply

if your talking about the part where he says to make sure u change the directory of the 2 files you do that in fn self actions just search for the scripts (ctrl F)

it was remove.sqf and some thing else i dont remember, that was the only part that made me think for a few secs just make it point to the ones you modified 

thanks ill double check that as dont remember anything about remove.sqf

I'm with Mathew on this,

Great of zupa to publish his work, but the install instructions are awkward to follow and as Mathew says actually INCOMPLETE!

This can't actually always be blamed on the poster, as if it's your work you often do things without even thinking but forget to write down a stage.. and I'm guessing English is also not his first language...sometimes you have to read then ask the questions on forums.. and if the answers are found point out the errors to the author so he can re-help the community he set out to.. not just flame him or the guys struggling to get things to work!

I know Mathew well and both he and I over the last year have spent many many hours installing servers/scripts etc.. sometimes with ease.. sometimes yes we are dumbasses not reading things right! but we do try to read the forums before we post questions, and if we find the problem we do try to share the answers..as any community member should do...

Please don't flame guys struggling with things.. maybe better just to point them in the right direction!

I agree the installation instructions could be better, but let's not forget the fact that it's a community project. Zupa probably has a lot in his hands right now and really I'm just grateful that he even published the script in the first place. As for the more detailed instructions, support and troubleshoot I'd say it's up to the community. But hey that's just me.

On to the actual question of the topic - the instructions itself may be slightly lacking I agree but as far as I can remember the files that were included in the GitHub were complete. So after you're done with the installation I recommend going over every single file with a diffmerge software (unless you replaced all the files in which case it should be complete).  

Totally agree with you Rocu, i run highly customised files so cant do things as simple as copying files over so followed the instructions. Since finding the "complete package" that i linked before i have been comparing files and should get it working 100% with hopefully no problems.

Most of the community are great and help loads but there are the select few that just want to up there post count... mentioning no names  :rolleyes:

Totally agree with you Rocu, i run highly customised files so cant do things as simple as copying files over so followed the instructions. Since finding the "complete package" that i linked before i have been comparing files and should get it working 100% with hopefully no problems.

Most of the community are great and help loads but there are the select few that just want to up there post count... mentioning no names  :rolleyes:

Then for the sake of Zupa, install of your other "custom scripts" over the single currency. I had to do it.

I know zupa has waaaaaay to much to do to make a simple tut for it. But I respect his decision.

Then for the sake of Zupa, install of your other "custom scripts" over the single currency. I had to do it.

I know zupa has waaaaaay to much to do to make a simple tut for it. But I respect his decision.

Some times its not as easy as installing things again over the top of another

Like i said before i have compared files and it all looks to be working correct... only problem i do have is its not saving to the database but not sure why :( maybe wrong dll?

Like i said before i have compared files and it all looks to be working correct... only problem i do have is its not saving to the database but not sure why :( maybe wrong dll?

More than likely. Id suggest using 2.0 instead of zupas.

I think many are using Soul's DLL. As I recall, Zupa himself recommended using that one since he'll be rolling it into his next release anyway.

keep getting a hive warning showing up

"only had 16 parameters out of 17"

anyone know what it could be

That sounds like server_playerSync.sqf around line 200:

_key = format["CHILD:201:%1:%2:%3:%4:%5:%6:%7:%8:%9:%10:%11:%12:%13:%14:%15:%16:%17:",_characterID,_playerPos,_playerGear,_playerBackp,_medical,false,false,_kills,_headShots,_distanceFoot,_timeSince,_currentState,_killsH,_killsB,_currentModel,_humanity,_cashMoney];

I'm out at the moment and will check it later but I'm sure that's there.

strange this is I sent my server and mission pbo to a friend and it runs ok on his yet on mine I have the problems and the banks don't show up either. Proper strange

Have you updated your database? You actually have the 'cashMoney' column under your character_data?

Just checked my server_playersync.sqf and this is the line questioned

_key = format["CHILD:201:%1:%2:%3:%4:%5:%6:%7:%8:%9:%10:%11:%12:%13:%14:%15:%16:%17:",_characterID,_playerPos,_playerGear,_playerBackp,_medical,false,false,_kills,_headShots,_distanceFoot,_timeSince,_currentState,_killsH,_killsB,_currentModel,_humanity,_cashMoney];

To me it looks ok but to a trained eye?

In my database i have cashmoney column under the character_data and also a banking_data table.

Really dont understand how the pbo files can work fine on a friends server and not mine also the banks (laptops etc) do not spawn on mine yet spawn on his

Im thinking it must be a problem with the database as i sent my mission.pbo and server.pbo to a friend and they used them with out editing them and it all worked fine including the banks

Managed to get this fixed and i honestly can not believe what the problem was....

Before i started to install Single Currency i took a backup of my mission files (saved in a pbo) and my server files (saved in a pbo called dayz_server.backup before single currency.pbo). I kept the files in the same location as the others not thinking for one moment it would cause a problem. so in my @DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons folder i had a "dayz_server.backup before single currency.pbo" and a "dayz_server.pbo" and for some reason it decided to use "dayz_server.backup before single currency.pbo" rather then the correct pbo file.

anyhow thanks for all your help its all fixed now :)

Managed to get this fixed and i honestly can not believe what the problem was....

Before i started to install Single Currency i took a backup of my mission files (saved in a pbo) and my server files (saved in a pbo called dayz_server.backup before single currency.pbo). I kept the files in the same location as the others not thinking for one moment it would cause a problem. so in my @DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons folder i had a "dayz_server.backup before single currency.pbo" and a "dayz_server.pbo" and for some reason it decided to use "dayz_server.backup before single currency.pbo" rather then the correct pbo file.

anyhow thanks for all your help its all fixed now :)

Well that's good ol' Arma for you. Glad to've been of help (if I was any, really).