[How To] [CPC] Indestructible Bases

ToejaM

I dont know what it is but everytime i add this script my Dayz.St server even if its the first 2 parts of the whole thing its put me in debug im follow down to a T ive done a fresh new pbo everything still doesnt work dont know what im doing wrong :/

I dont know what it is but everytime i add this script my Dayz.St server even if its the first 2 parts of the whole thing its put me in debug im follow down to a T ive done a fresh new pbo everything still doesnt work dont know what im doing wrong :/

Im running dayz.st too and i've only tried applying part 1 and part 2 and it just isnt working at all. I cant see any errors that directly relate to the code either. I will be trying again come 1.0.3 and putting this on as my first script from scratch to get it working, I suggest you try the same matey. 

Its as basic a script as you can imagine in terms of code, so unless DayZ.ST have changed something on compile it will work fine!

I set someones server up for them a while ago and with the control panel I found you had to set it to custom at the bottom under the advanced tab and then upload the mission file and the server file. When you wanted to change it you had to keep reverting it to default.. boot it up (auto) and then put it on custom again, very annoying.

So if you're using the FTP its possible that its not working because of this. Try it this way if you are not already.

No ive been using their standard file upload from the control panel mate. Its probably just something I;ve done wrong somewhere, not sure where mind and I have gone over and over the code. But Like I say,  I'm going to try from fresh pbo's with nothing else running once the new version of Epoch is released. I'll feedback how it goes. 

No ive been using their standard file upload from the control panel mate. Its probably just something I;ve done wrong somewhere, not sure where mind and I have gone over and over the code. But Like I say,  I'm going to try from fresh pbo's with nothing else running once the new version of Epoch is released. I'll feedback how it goes. 

You guys have to do something very wrong, step 1 and 2 is doing nothing but defining the list "_cpcimmune", but not even doing anything with it.. so it has to be an syntax error in your script.. upload your changed script somewhere and I'll take a look.

From my exerience i know people just copy anything in the file, you ONLY have to add the code between the "// ### [CPC] Indestructible Buildables Fix" tags, nothing above or below  that will corrupt the script!

You guys have to do something very wrong, step 1 and 2 is doing nothing but defining the list "_cpcimmune", but not even doing anything with it.. so it has to be an syntax error in your script.. upload your changed script somewhere and I'll take a look.

From my exerience i know people just copy anything in the file, you ONLY have to add the code between the "// ### [CPC] Indestructible Buildables Fix" tags, nothing above or below  that will corrupt the script!

Yea I followed the instructions fine and I can see it's fairly straight forward code and hard to go wrong, but it doesn;t appear to have and any affect. Ive PMed you links to my files.

I found at least 1 error in the file boxman send me.. waiting for his answer.. :P

Anyway I've noticed both of you have some changes to the default Epoch 1.0.2.5 code in at least 5 files (in the server PBO alone), did you add anything or where does that come from? I see functions missing in the server_functions.sqf !

Edited by Axe Cop

I would just like to point out that my script is working entirely flawlessly for the new patch (1.0.3) however the line numbers are wrong in some cases but they are easy enough to see where it goes instead by searching for the correct words. All the information you need is in the OP.

Concerning patch 1.0.3. (read the top of the first page of this thread)

For part 4B *maintain_area.sqf*

Step 1:

Retrieve 'maintain_area.sqf' from dayz_code.pbo. ("\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\maintain_area.sqf")

Step 2:

Create a folder called 'fixes' into your mission files and copy 'maintain_area.sqf' into the fixes folder.

Step 3:

Open up your CUSTOM fn_selfActions.sqf (If you DO NOT have a custom fn_selfActions.sqf, just install Self Bloodbag first) (I assume that everyone has a custom fn_selfActions in their mission file :P )

Find this line:

s_player_maintain_area = player addAction ["<t color=""#ffffff"">Maintain Area</t>", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\maintain_area.sqf", "maintain", 5, false];

Edit it to:

s_player_maintain_area = player addAction ["<t color=""#ffffff"">Maintain Area</t>", "fixes\maintain_area.sqf", "maintain", 5, false];

Step 4:

Go to the first page of this thread and follow the remaining steps from STEP 4B.

Step 5:

Profit?

I am still not sure if you really need to modify the maintain_area.sqf for indestructible bases to work properly!?

I've tested it on my server and all I did was the change in the "player_build.sqf" file, all parts stayed indestructible AFTER I've maintained them, so did any of you try that without the changes??

I already discussed this a little with ToejaM some weeks ago but never tested it myself until today, just wanted to share that and ask if you ever tried it without that steps, it can't hurt to put that in but might not be nessesary to do that,

ok having issues on chernarus, my player_build.sqf is different since update and i cannot find the lines with "//start build". There is no longer a line 231 im guessing im missing something simple any help appreciated

it is still the same or very similar, look for line 386:

// Start Build 
		_tmpbuilt = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

// ### [CPC] Indestructible Base Fix	
		_tmpbuilt addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
		_tmpbuilt enableSimulation false;
		// ### [CPC] Indestructible Base Fix

_tmpbuilt setdir _dir;

I have had the basic indestructible bases implemented on my server for a while now how ever the down side is that this leaves a lot of disused bases scattered all over the map.

With the 1.0.3 Epoch update i plan on making it so that the players have to maintain there base to keep it on the server (only once a month etc not that often) but im not 100% sure what parts of the install instructions i need to follow.

I have already added [CPC] Indestructible Bases - PART1: On Server Restart but what do i need to add out of the other parts? I do not want indestructible bases instantly, only after a restart.

thanks