[How To] [CPC] Indestructible Bases

ToejaM

adjust the other files same like the player_build.sqf like this:

at the top somewhere insert the _cpcimmune="" thingy and

somewhere in player_upgrade and downgrade the "vehicle" wall/door/etc is deleted and a new vehicle is created (due to update/downgrade). after the new vehicle got created at the same eventhandlers as in the player_build.sqf but i think instead of _tmpbuilt its called _object there.

Im not in the mood to look it up sorry xD - youll have to figure the rest out yourself.

regards waTTe

Hey fellas how's it going, I was wondering if anyone had any issues with 1.0.2.4, My buildings are working great indestructible wise, but it seems some players walls etc. are still be getting deleted because of no maintance.

All the best

Thanks 

Yeah since buildings need 10% damage to show the mantain option (1.0.2.4) you can't maintain your buildings using this script so everything despawns.

Maybe the original author or someone else with scripting knowledge can get around this but for now I disabled the script.

Setting clean up to -1 is a terrible idea. It will mean ALL objects will never be cleaned up, including vehicles. Abandoned bases will litter the game world, eventually slowing down your server.

Just edit fn self acitons and remove the .10 damage requirement to allow maintenance at any time :)

Many servers already use a custom self actions file so fixing that only takes about 10 seconds.

Setting clean up to -1 is a terrible idea. It will mean ALL objects will never be cleaned up, including vehicles. Abandoned bases will litter the game world, eventually slowing down your server.

Just edit fn self acitons and remove the .10 damage requirement to allow maintenance at any time :)

Many servers already use a custom self actions file so fixing that only takes about 10 seconds.

Thanks a lot for the info. :D

This line I'm assuming?

if((_cursorTarget isKindOf "ModularItems" or _cursorTarget isKindOf "DZE_Housebase") and (damage _cursorTarget >= 0.1)) then {

Yes. Just gut the last bit of logic, but leave a note to remind you that you did this edit, for future patch merging with epoch. Just put ao the side a "//" and whatever text after it.

Also since waTTe really didnt want to explain how to make it indestructible without restart, just copy and paste the code from the server monitor into the required files he listed. Then at the part where the object is created, put the bit about disabling simulation, so that this way it will immediately not take damage.

With all those edits combined, you have indestructible walls, which can be maintained, and still cleaned up by the database. You can go a step further and give them a really long and hard dismantle process to keep game balance. This way it is possible to actually assault someones base and if your lucky remove a wall to get inside. Any failure rate can be written into it, and any number of attempts to make it really hard. Also admin override can be added to remove manually in game objects that are troll built or need removing. Lastly, you can edit your self actions to tell you who the owner of a plot pole or object is, by looking at it, or using an admin tool to mark it with playerIDs on the map,  so you can just do a quick query in the database to remove old objects or troll built items.

Hi there, I not getting the maintain option with this elite script , I am using the epoch 1.0.2.5 set damage=0.1 on object cleanup but it doesnt seem to be working. I have even set the damage on objects them manually. Is there something I have overlooked? I like the guys to be able to maintenance otherwise server will never delete objects. Thanks in advanced. 

Implemented this on my Epoch Tavi server. Liked the original post.

Getting an error when I load into the server daying it can't find the  fn_selfActions.sqf (in the fixes folder), and now its limiting all sorts of things on the server, such as; cannot use trader vendors, cannot gut animals/zombies, cannot place wood walls/concrete walls, cannot use fuel tanks to fuel vehicles, etc, etc.

Implemented this on my Epoch Tavi server. Liked the original post.

Getting an error when I load into the server daying it can't find the  fn_selfActions.sqf (in the fixes folder), and now its limiting all sorts of things on the server, such as; cannot use trader vendors, cannot gut animals/zombies, cannot place wood walls/concrete walls, cannot use fuel tanks to fuel vehicles, etc, etc.

Now I'm getting really really super slow load times up until the game crashes and says "too many virtual box requests"  or something like that...