Epoch Lingor Help

ARC_Solo

Question

13 answers to this question

What does that have to do with Lingor 1.3 being the "correct" version????

The other guy probably just checked on DZC without knowing Icebreaker has his own site and releases his stuff on Armaholic. Many probably use DZC as their go-to source for mod info.

edit: ug, should have read OP closer..

Yeah I know, that's why I automatically assumed he checked DZC :D

If the goal is maximum players, then yeah do 1.3. Not that running 1.5 will block players from connecting, but it'll cause various issues.

Personally, I like 1.5 more since it's a slightly larger map with various enhancements all over.

I would prefer to run 1.5 as well, but not being on commander means it isn't worth the improvements for me.

Wish there was a way we could request it be added.

I emailed dotjosh a few times shortly after lingor 1.5 came out... asked if there was anything that could be done about it, assuming he was playing dota 2 instead of checking the email or at least sending me back a "NO", I gave up on DZC and have gotten quite a few people to switch over to the launcher; I just hope it sees more rise, I make posts regularly on forums about it and how it is rather user friendly compared to the DZC for those who couldnt set a launch parameter if their life depended on it.

Digressing to the OP...

Link to the armaholic page for lingor 1.5 with a full changelog.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10792

v1.5

- numerous changes, extra 200+ hours put in!

- redesigned NW part of the map, added riverlines and two new towns

- added new jungle island Bantanam on East (on request) - recommended for Unsung/VTE mod experience!

- roadworkers smoothed out main roads near Maruko

- forest changes, added detail

- factory height fix in Benio, etc.

IMO I wouldn't cut out the changes because 1.5 is not on DZC, sure people might have trouble figuring it out and joining; I see a TON of people try to connect/fail, I usually assume 80% of them lack lingor 1.5/trying to use 1.3

I personally take time (when I have it) to add those people from the recent games tab in steam and simply add/ask them if they had issues and would like me to help them resolve it. Most don't reply, some do and are rather thankful for the help.

In short... not much should not deter you from enjoying the hard work IceBreakr put in to give us arma players the updated version!!!!

serious question but does it actually matter? i have only got 1.3 installed and i have never been kicked from a Lingor server?

You won't get kicked but since there's an extra landmass in 1.5, some weird things can happen in that area if your 1.3 client connects to a 1.5 server, and vice-versa...like floating cars, floating players on login, etc.