Plot Pole dissappearing after restart

Link

Question

Okay I know this is caused by the script itself but does anybody know how to fix the problem of players plot poles disappearing after installing the tie Players UID to building objects mod If I am not able to fix this has anybody on these forums assembled a script that can disable plot poles all together? Thanks.

9 answers to this question

its not only plotpoles.

its todo with the uber long steamID and the hive not wanting to write away the newly build object when using mods such as plotpole for life and the like.

So what can be done? is there a fix for this or is "plot pole for life" not usable in production servers as of its current version?

As this post was from July 2014 I suspect it was refering to the change from GameSpy and BIS ARMA II UIDs to SteamIDs.

The issue was that the SteamIDs were too long to fit in the characterID field of objects in the DB and the Hiveext.dll also inforced this max length so resizing the DB field would not fix the issue.

A Plot for Life has been working fine with SteamIDs from version 2+ (a complete rewrite which was released just over a week after the issue came to light).

So what can be done? is there a fix for this or is "plot pole for life" not usable in production servers as of its current version?

There are no issues like Rimblock says.All mods on the plotpole section are not interfering with any db saving.

As this post was from July 2014 I suspect it was refering to the change from GameSpy and BIS ARMA II UIDs to SteamIDs.

The issue was that the SteamIDs were too long to fit in the characterID field of objects in the DB and the Hiveext.dll also inforced this max length so resizing the DB field would not fix the issue.

A Plot for Life has been working fine with SteamIDs from version 2+ (a complete rewrite which was released just over a week after the issue came to light).

There are no issues like Rimblock says.All mods on the plotpole section are not interfering with any db saving.

Good to see two of my fav scripters responding - thanks.

We player who claims that his plot poles keep disappearing ("we were not at the base first time so we assumed someone attacked/destroyed it", "2nd time we were ALL IN THE BASE, plot pole was upstairs, in a safe, after the restart it disappeared?!!!").

I am trying to find a reason so I'm hunting "plot pole disappeared" threads here.

Any ideas why would this be happening? (I've Zupa's sc&banking, RimBlocks AP4L as major addons) running 1.0.5.1 and as far as I know have no major issues with any script.

I have players reporting the same thing all of a sudden.. I know for a fact other players didnt get to the plot pole. Any insight would be much appreciated.. Also running 1.0.5.1. Keep in mind players just randomly reported this. It doesnt seem to exactly happen at "every" restart.