Server Providers

Triage

Vert Hosting has been mentioned as a great host to go with... One's I would avoid like the plague are: DayZ.st & GTX Gaming

I am switching at the end of the month as GTX are just awful. Just shows what you get for cheap costs... Crap servers (Laggy) and crap support (when it's needed)

My 2 cents anyway.

Pry

Just buy your own dedicated server.

I use http://www.soyoustart.com/ they are cheap and very easy to use.

This is the one I am currently using http://www.soyoustart.com/en/offers/ssd-2.xml

vert hosting uses OVH dedicated servers for their vps.

Most hosting companies buy their servers off OVH.

Here is my current speedtest using one of OVH's servers

3641679935.png

I've heard vert hosting and vilayer are great. I've used vilayer before but their customer service is utter shit.

What do you guys think I should choose? Vilayer or vert hosting?

Out of those 2, based on feedback from admins, Vert is probably the better choice. Like MGT I'm with GTXGaming which hasn't given me much of a headache, have had a few minor issues which people should really be ready to expect anywhere. In the end every host is going to have happy and angry customers, some people will get better service then others (not based on favortism, just good or bad luck), and so on, so it comes down to making a choice and praying it works out for you. That being said, the only solid "good" choice is a dedi where you are in full control and could even host multiple servers off it depending on the machine.

I've been with Vilayer for almost a year and never had any problem with them whatsoever. Obviously support could always be better because lets face it, when our servers go down we want answers instantly and sometimes thats not possible. 

Also have a one with Survival Servers. Am i happy with them? Not exactly. I emailed support asking when they were going to update to the latest arma patch. I got a reply saying they weren't aware of any new patch. Speaks volumes to me.

Also heard a roumor that they are closing down like HFB but whether thats true or not remains to be seen.

I'm currently looking to re-open my dayz server. What server hosts do some of you guys recommend?

If you're considering VPS, OVH is strongly recommended. They are just good. Great in fact.

I'm not affiliated - just about a month old very satisfied customer following

I was thinking about getting a VDS from NFOServers but I'm scared I wont know how to do it. Do you have any tips on how it works and How I could get started?

So many good people helped me here and I'm very keen to help return some of the help I've received so yeah sure, if you get a VPS/VDS I will be happy to help with anything I know. I will be happy to share my notes/script/config files too so you don't have to spend as much time as I did.

It might be a good idea to wait a bit however because right now because of the patch/launcher segmentation you will most likely be paying for an empty server. If you are thinking of this as a long term project you can start now and slowly build experience and by the time you're comfy with the server stuff the issues will be (hopefully) resolved.

One last (and biggest impact suggestion/advice) is: rather than starting 3057th Epoch/Overpoch server, it might be a good idea to join forces with an existing server owner or team of owners. Many people I know (including myself) have the server but not the community and/or time to make the most of it. If you join your resources with such a person/group, it could be beneficial to all.

So many good people helped me here and I'm very keen to help return some of the help I've received so yeah sure, if you get a VPS/VDS I will be happy to help with anything I know. I will be happy to share my notes/script/config files too so you don't have to spend as much time as I did.

It might be a good idea to wait a bit however because right now because of the patch/launcher segmentation you will most likely be paying for an empty server. If you are thinking of this as a long term project you can start now and slowly build experience and by the time you're comfy with the server stuff the issues will be (hopefully) resolved.

One last (and biggest impact suggestion/advice) is: rather than starting 3057th Epoch/Overpoch server, it might be a good idea to join forces with an existing server owner or team of owners. Many people I know (including myself) have the server but not the community and/or time to make the most of it. If you join your resources with such a person/group, it could be beneficial to all.

I get what you're saying. Also, thanks for offering the help and tips. I really appreciate that.

Using OC Networks and VERY satisfied with them!

Several of their guys are on the official Epoch ts (playing Epoch in misc variants) but are always willing to help if the need is there.

I have previously had servers with Vert and have nothing but good stuff to say about them also.  But OC Networks has more options and are on hand for help.  Makes the difference for me.