Add servers to BI Server Browser

Nemaconz

Question

I've added both of my servers to http://master.bistudio.com/?page=1&count=100&filter[status]=1&sorting[players]=desc&game_id=5 twice via the add server function in the upper right hand corner, once 2 days ago and once today and they're still not showing up in the list, my server is up to date with 1.63.125402 and 1.5.0.1. Anyone know is there is some extra step you need to do to get them to show up? Do i need to edit config files?

Thanks!

22 answers to this question

No I did not, see that is what i was wondering, I figured I need to edit the config files I just didn't know what to update them with. Where would I get that port information? Forgive the noobish question, I've only been doing this a month and while I'm getting good at this there are still some simple things I do not know.

Would I add the IP address of my server on the BI master list but instead use the steamport instead of the 2302 port I use to remote in off of the arma multiplayer list to add it to the master BI list?

Yes , you need to use the steam ports , although were on vilayer and to show as active on game tracker and any other lists we have to use the steam port to get on the server we still use our original port (2802) as the other one doesn't work

I have logged a question with vilayer but that was yesterday and still no response !

Yes , you need to use the steam ports , although were on vilayer and to show as active on game tracker and any other lists we have to use the steam port to get on the server we still use our original port (2802) as the other one doesn't work

I have logged a question with vilayer but that was yesterday and still no response !

So you're using your ip example:23.556.212.76:2302 but changing it to 23.556.212.76:8722 (8722 being the steamport) when adding it to BI and that is allowing it to show up?

Found it & added ip & steam query port but still cant see server in browser, ideas?

Thanks.

Ok then I'm not the only one. Fuck man I've been running a server over a month now adding scripts with no problems but honestly shit like this and upgrading my server to overpoch is becoming the bane of my existence, been trying well over a week to get overpoch working on my vilayer server and now this shit.

Could really do with some assistance here, I need to get my server back into public view, since I am stuck with vilayer (server 1 year old with same DB) and the new patch.

What how who which server browser to use?

Right now my regulars are still coming in but without  good public exposure we'll die fast.

Suggestions assistance greatly appreciated, will dayz commander ever be updated?

Check to see if it shows up when you type the IP/Port into the Remote window in the server list. If it does, then set your filters a little bit to see if it shows up on the Internet list.

Yes both of my servers come up no problem by using remote function, but I still get nothing with BI. There really isn't much you can do that I'm aware of to change the filters on the BI list to make it show up. 216.231.140.58:2302 is my main, 8722 is the steam port.

It's not to list servers it's to LAUNCH the mods needed to join a server...

I'm aware of what that is, but that launcher is also linked to the steam commander list, but that commander (much like DZC) does not support the new patch. So when you go to it, you can look at all the servers available that are pre 1.63.125402.