friendly fire script?

mskitten87

Question

allright i can not seem find anything on this & i know it exist...

Does anyone know how to turn friendly fire off? without side effects.

such as Players cant dmg each other then by means of tons of artilitary/tank rounds VIA backblast. i know it exist i'v seen it on afew servers.

12 answers to this question

And if you prevent killing eachother with guns, they will just find different ways. :P

Running them over, Aerial Kamikaze, luring zeds to them, the stunt from 28 Weeks Later...

I thought of doing this for a PVE server before, but decided against it in the end.

its quite simple really, just change the damage handler, to if damage comes from a player, then ignore it ...

i really dont see the fun in that tho, players are supposed to shoot eachother sometimes not to mention its a theif/trolls paradise like that.

PVE server maybe? as ar as im aware players couldent even run each other over either. there was only one way they could die. that was either an admin spawning the 105mm cannon geting off few rounds while player s near the backblast or same ffor tanks which took nearly 20 rounds.

Coulden't even die from Crashes or Jumping out of it. this is what i'm after not after a punish script cause not exactly looking shove players away.

PVE server maybe? as ar as im aware players couldent even run each other over either. there was only one way they could die. that was either an admin spawning the 105mm cannon geting off few rounds while player s near the backblast or same ffor tanks which took nearly 20 rounds.

Coulden't even die from Crashes or Jumping out of it. this is what i'm after not after a punish script cause not exactly looking shove players away.

You would write a new damageHandler that would only block damage from certain things, he doesn't mean turning off the damage handler, or else zombies and such won't do any damage.

For the below, does the damage modifier to r_player_blood only apply if the target is a player, with damage received from another player? I assume there's a few other changes needed though.

edit: put code in quotes, hard to read in a spoiler tag

//PVP Damage
_scale = 200;
if (_damage > 0.4) then {
if (_ammo != "zombie") then {
_scale = _scale + 50;
};
if (_isHeadHit) then {
_scale = _scale + 500;
};
if ((isPlayer _source) && !(player == _source)) then {
_scale = _scale + 800;
if (_isHeadHit) then {
_scale = _scale + 500;
};
};
switch (_type) do {
case 1: {_scale = _scale + 200};
case 2: {_scale = _scale + 200};
};
if (_unitIsPlayer) then {
//Cause blood loss
//Log Damage
/*
if (DZE_Debug_Damage) then {
diag_log ("DAMAGE: player hit by " + typeOf _source + " in " + _hit + " with " + _ammo + " for " + str(_damage) + " scaled " + str(_damage * _scale));
};
*/
r_player_blood = r_player_blood - (_damage * _scale);
};
};

could they die through zombies?

You could add player armor or something like this. Increase their base, and have the zombie damagehandler buffed

yes they could infact i can link one of IP's server wont say how they did it other then their was 7 parts to edit.

what script does is turns all player dmg off to other players. so only way a player can kill you. is taking a tank unloading full clip of HE rounds. or a 105mm canon/arty which is admin only thru tools etc. or an admin.

other parts were because of it i think fall dmg , Vehichle exploding didnt hurt you. but AI/Zombies could still deal the dmg.

just you could not kill players without alot of bombs. i.a tanks/arty/full heli rocket pods. its  as if you have godmode to everything but ai/zombs/rockets.

i'v found 4 servers total who have it. i have spent a week searching and talking scripters. some of ones i have . have said that its impossible....but that's just it. its not so either its a very unknown script that people have hidden...or it has something deal with admin antihack/tools. which seems unlikely.

If you get a custom damageHandler.sqf in your mission, adding this line:

// If the unit is a player, did not kill themselves, are side west, and the source is a vehicle with a player in it OR a player on foot, exit script for no damage.
if ((isPlayer _unit) AND (!(_source == _unit)) AND ((side _unit) == WEST) AND ( ((_source isKindOf "Car" OR _source isKindOf "Motorcycle" OR _source isKindOf "Ship") AND ( isPlayer ((crew _source) select 0))) OR ((_source isKindOf "Man") AND (isPlayer _source))) exitWith {};

under this line:

_unitIsPlayer = _unit == player;

Should prevent all PVP damage, including damage from vehicle mounted weapons.