lets gather ideas and hope to inspire the developers

megabison

1) id love to have some sort of agressive creatures (maybe doglike) that you can lure with certain types of meat (or light sources at night).

the scenario behind this idea would be to throw those meatparts or chemlights at the enemy base and watch them get attacked by those creatures that are attracted to it or just create some distraction.

2) i would love to have big spooky overpowered creatures that are active/spawn from 3:00 AM till 4:00 AM to make wristwatches useful or maybe only if theres a thunderstorm at night so you have to take care when you plan to go outside. people in voicechat and teamspeak  would be like "oh shit dude its night and theres a storm coming! we are gonna get raped by "instert names of overpoweredcreature here" if we camp to long or dont get into our beloved epochbuild bases.

3) it would be a cool idea to spawn different monsters in different locations like in arma 2 where cops soldiers and medic zombies spawned only in certain areas. players would have to overthink where they settle down to build under those cirqumstances too which might be fun. ("we shouldnt build here its dangerous")

4) many players love guns and cars that they know or know to exist in reallife NOW.. it wouldnt be to unrealistic to find todays weapons or cars in year 2035 especially after there happend some kind of zombie/satanist survival apocalypse.

5) a simple paysystem with easy currency (even if that means that its unrealistic roleplaywise)

okay this is all i had in mind now..  this is only my opinion and im not frustrated if you (devs and other fellow players) hate my ideas. ;)

1) stalker style map

2) food and bullets as a currency

3) first person only

4) everything and everyone is there to kill you

5) single point of trader city where differences are set aside

6) poker using dialogs.

7) Vodka and guitar

1) stalker style map

3) first person only

6) poker using dialogs.

7) Vodka and guitar

I think 1, 2, and 6 are the most important out of those.

We definitely need a map to set a tone. Altis isn't "Spooky" at all.

We need a currency system that isn't based on currency. Give every item a value. You open a window where you move over the items you are willing to part with, and on the right it lets you know what they are worth, and what you can buy from that trader with that much value.

6 should be added. Gamblind is always frequent in poverty, at least to a certain extent.

--------------

2) i would love to have big spooky overpowered creatures that are active/spawn from 3:00 AM till 4:00 AM to make wristwatches useful or maybe only if theres a thunderstorm at night so you have to take care when you plan to go outside. people in voicechat and teamspeak  would be like "oh shit dude its night and theres a storm coming! we are gonna get raped by "instert names of overpoweredcreature here" if we camp to long or dont get into our beloved epochbuild bases.

--------------

I would love to have something on the scale of these in game. Something so massive that you are just awestruck at how you could even possibly attempt to defeat it. As long as you are huddled in a building, you should be fine, but going outside on foot would be a huge chance of death.

ILM-War-of-the-Worlds-After-092310-PS.jp

2) i would love to have big spooky overpowered creatures that are active/spawn from 3:00 AM till 4:00 AM to make wristwatches useful or maybe only if theres a thunderstorm at night so you have to take care when you plan to go outside. people in voicechat and teamspeak  would be like "oh shit dude its night and theres a storm coming! 

From 3AM to 4AM hide yo kids, hide yo wife!

I'd love to see global event happening at certain point in game time, maybe hordes of mutants attacking or indeed specific super monsters raising up. The only way to escape death would be locking inside your base, in some central militarized safe zone (no god mode) or camouflaging yourself, sit down, keep quiet... 

if you are still out there, better get your ass in a car and push that throttle pedal as hard as you can

Totally loved the idea of taking a pill in stalker that knocks your brain out so you can survive the storm if still roaming outside

I would love to have something on the scale of these in game. Something so massive that you are just awestruck at how you could even possibly attempt to defeat it. As long as you are huddled in a building, you should be fine, but going outside on foot would be a huge chance of death.

ILM-War-of-the-Worlds-After-092310-PS.jp

:o Hell yes

Whilst I grew up on the War of the Worlds (the musical not the poor, poor, poor, poor Tom Cruise movie), I prefer the spooky rather than alien invasion senario.

I have already mentioned the Weeping Angels in the other ideas thread and for a timed 'danger' a swarm like the Pitch Black creatures (think flying piranhas) that come out between certain hours and are attracted to sound and light.  Stay inside with closed doors and no lights and you are fine.  If you go outside then you need to be very quiet with no lights.

I also count the Stalker series as among my favorites and can fully understand peoples desire to take on key elements but the risk is you end up making another version of Stalker on the Arma engine...

A barter system rather than currency would be nice.

The ablilty to customise and improve the protection of vehicles with scrap and tools would also be very nice.

First person only is good although it is not as good for video making (for YouTubers etc).

Items taking multiple slots depending on size rather than relying on weight to restrict what can be carried like DayZ SA...

1) stalker style map

3) first person only

6) poker using dialogs.

7) Vodka and guitar

1) that would be cool if its really nicely detailed and BIG but that is a lot of work..

i like altis. maybe some guys can mod some aditional trees and green grass in some area to satisfy the forest lovers :D (i love the forests in chernarus)

2) im okay with any currency as long as its easy to handle at the trader and it doesnt take years to pay.

3) thats a thing that the servers should decide. it worked good that way in epoch for arma 2

4) yes except you made friends (btw i dont want visible hexagon teamups)

5) PVP everywhere! never feel safe! if you want to feel safe at the trader: kill everyone and place your vehicle so that snipers cant shoot you while trading

6) i dont like it

7) fun items ? yes why not!

The ablilty to customise and improve the protection of vehicles with scrap and tools would also be very nice.

yes it doenst sound OP but fun to do.

those big alien creatures you posted look cool but i think creatures that are smaller (1,8m height 3,0m length) would fit in better so you cant see them directly. thats a lot more terrifying than a big monster you can see from 3 km away.. also think of one spawning 500 meteres of you... it would just look bugged popping up out of nowhere.

Ive often thought using dollars as the currency would be a pretty easy way to go, also what about the ability to alter what spawns in game so you can do a degree manage the stock of items in game? so you can watch what items are getting used a lot and make changes to effect the economy .

you know the problem with all these monster stuff spawning at a certain time etc?

People have the option to log out/hop server. I've seen it first hand with the EVR storms on namalsk. When I add these, people log out the moment one starts, and come back when it's over/not at all.

People dont want difficult or hard or whatever. They want a cakewalk on Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Sadly :(

Although the example I used was War of the Worlds, I don't mean an alien from the movie, just a monster that size.

Although even with my experience with the Arma engine, I'm not entirely sure how hard it would be to create and animate something that size.

[ Warning!! Language ]

More menacing, awesome and insurmountable rather than spooky.  Interesting idea.

Same sort of theme but more static, how about a searchlight, looking for victims and when it hits them it alters their perception in a sort of silent hill / lord of the rings type of fashion where they can then see and interact with other creatures (almost like activating the pineal gland in HP Lovecrafts "From Beyond").

If a "Warplight" is a little hard considering the people can just hide behind hills or trees etc, how about another creature ("shifter" maybe) that moves through the veil of perception and if it touched you then you are dragged in to their side shifted reality with more motion blur, warped colours and deadly creatures.  

The affect lasts for a configurable length of time.

Hmm, maybe worth looking at for the A2 Epoch.... warp zone / perceptile / freekshots (or another name) experimental bullets.  Modifying the camera effects, I believe, should be very doable even in A2.

you know the problem with all these monster stuff spawning at a certain time etc?

People have the option to log out/hop server. I've seen it first hand with the EVR storms on namalsk. When I add these, people log out the moment one starts, and come back when it's over/not at all.

People dont want difficult or hard or whatever. They want a cakewalk on Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

oh thats bad.. there has to be some high reward for this then... :/ well i dont know

And the only way around that is to punish the player sadly, but someone may actually need to leave, so it's a double edged sword. I think the dedicated players would stick around, because I always did, but who knows. I also don't believe Epoch would be willing to punish players like that.

was reading that standalone is changing engine that will use DX11 (finally) named "Infusion" and noticed an interesting suggestion: 

All houses are open in Dayz, which is kind of unrealistic and to be honest, adding some doors shouldn't be hard. Afaik 1.0.5 will bring us more open houses and a code from CFG modular building could be reused to add doors to them dynamically at random (some locked, some not) spawned upon server start. The only way to open them could be shooting a lock (named selection on firegeo LOD?) or with crowbar (more quiet).

3) it would be a cool idea to spawn different monsters in different locations like in arma 2 where cops soldiers and medic zombies spawned only in certain areas. players would have to overthink where they settle down to build under those cirqumstances too which might be fun. ("we shouldnt build here its dangerous")

+1

Wanted to post somewhere that I would love to see some form of Gambling, especially if Epoch sticks to the use of currency instead of switching to a valued barter system.

In my mind, poverty and downtrodden times always bring rise to what are thought of as the "sins of man", usually Prostitution, Drinking/Drugs, and Gambling.

I tried to implement this in part on the mod before by releasing my Russian Roulette script on OpenDayz. My thought was that if two people had a disagreement, they could settle it by Russian Roulette. The survivor of course won all the loot/gear/vehicles.

I would force people on the coast I would "jump" play it for their life. It was a really cool dynamic.

If Epoch actually puts a lot of work into making the players life valuable to them, by skills that only last a life, or other means, actually playing it as a form of gambling could be major. The chance of winning say 2 briefcases a trigger pull at 1/6 odds of losing, but losing being the loss of life.

Here's the example video for the script. I would have used the suicide animation but could never get it to cut short. The click was audible to all nearby so you knew that the other player had indeed played his turn.

I may propose this on Github as a right click addition to the revolver and gold revolver.

• 2 weeks later...