Slow loading traders & desync at 50.

Defent

Question

Hello,

I've been working and tweaking my servers for a while now but I still have the same problem, which is trader menus taking 1-2+ seconds to load as well as major desync at 50+ players. I have checked the different topics on this forum, but non mention the basic.cfg settings affecting the loading time of trader menus.

Anyone got any solution on reducing desync at 50+ and actually not having the traders load slow as shit?

My rig is:

i7 3770

1TB 7200rpm

1gb connection 

32gb of ram

The machine runs 4 servers and a mysql server. 

My current basic.cfg:

But menus still load "slow" with this.

MinBandwidth=1097152;
MaxBandwidth=1073741824;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
adapter=-1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
3D_Performance=1;
serverLongitude=9;
serverLatitude=51;
serverLongitudeAuto=9;
serverLatitudeAuto=51;
Windowed=0;
MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;

22 answers to this question

Use config based traders.

I heard this does not track inventory, wouldn't that make it so people can exploit the traders more easily?

take out 

MinBandwidth=1097152;

MaxBandwidth=1073741824;

That, in my experience, causes insane amount of desync at even low player counts. 

I will look in to adding the config based traders, but that will take a lot of time, redoing all the trader items.

I heard this does not track inventory, wouldn't that make it so people can exploit the traders more easily?

Yes, only down side is that you can't control stock amounts but traders menus are instantly responsible with any server load as all traders data is loaded from mission file instead of database.

For desync, how many objects in your database?

If I'm not mistaken, you can actually edit your basic.cfg "on the fly". Think MGT said that once, not sure though

Does seem like I could do this, will wait to see if it took effect.

Yes, only down side is that you can't control stock amounts but traders menus are instantly responsible with any server load as all traders data is loaded from mission file instead of database.

For desync, how many objects in your database?

I will push this to my server when I'm done adding all the items needed, and I got around 5500 rows.

Server rarely goes above 30% cpu usage so it is not a problem as of now. I will upgrade when I get the population and reason to. There is no reason to have a beast machine if I can't get a single server to function lag free. This machine should be able to hold atleast one server. 

Edit: added the config traders now, took a while to config prices and add all items again but it it seems more fluent now. ~160kb more to download but may be worth it. Thanks for the idea.

I would also suggest disabling boats in dynamic spawns and deleting some from DB that hasn't been touched and aren't owned, but that's a personal preference. I had lots of them in middle of ocean just clogging up resources for no reason.

If you are having issues with SQL data loading slowly you will need to tune your MySQL installation. The default settings are absolute trash.

https://tools.percona.com/wizard

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/09/29/what-to-tune-in-mysql-server-after-installation/

Edit: Note that the second link is an article from 2006, DO NOT USE THE VARIABLES FROM IT. It does offer a good explanation of how to tune your settings and what the variable do, however.

An overview of the items is on the BIS Wiki page along with some tuning suggestions.

Anyone played around with the following options ?.  Any difference in performance ?.  Have not seen any info on why the server would need these.

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;