[Release] Hollow's Chernarus Caves (North)

Hollow's Caves North

http://www.CraftDoge.com 

OmjS8BH.png

This is the first in a series of Caves in Chernarus, I am adding them one by one so you can chose the ones you like and add them individually, i have left them bare so they can be customized. Included in the download is the mission and biedi. As always, use it as you wish.

Cave Series:

Caves North: 

Caves South: 

Caves Prud: 

Video:

http://youtu.be/pwxIrwEXlF4

Location Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/MtuKToo.jpg

Download:

http://www.craftdoge.com/downloads/

Tutorial:

click the download link above and download the North_Cave.zip

Unpack your dayz_server.pbo

Add the following code to the bottom of your server_functions.sqf  located at: 

dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\custom\North_Cave.sqf";

Create a folder named "custom"(if you dont have one) and place the North_Cave.sqf

you downloaded, inside the custom folder.

Place the custom folder in the root of your dayz_server.pbo then repack and upload your pbo.

I haven't included a map marker in this build.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this error in the Arma2OAserver.rpt log 

21:03:33 Error in expression <14224.753, 13776.799, 27.756823];

};
};
};>
21:03:33   Error position: <};>
21:03:33   Error Missing {
21:03:33 File z\addons\dayz_server\maps\North_Cave.sqf, line 590
21:03:33 Error in expression <8538.6738, 2660.0386, 9.5373116];
};
};
};>
21:03:33 File z\addons\dayz_server\maps\South_Cave.sqf, line 1613
21:03:33 Error in expression <-6.9160495];
};

_group_1 = createGroup _center_0;

_vehicle_48 = objNull;
if (t>
21:03:33   Error position: <_center_0;

_vehicle_48 = objNull;
if (t>
21:03:33   Error Undefined variable in expression: _center_0
21:03:33 File z\addons\dayz_server\maps\North_Cave.sqf, line 338

};

};

};>

};

};

};>

};

_vehicle_48 = objNull;

if (t>

_vehicle_48 = objNull;

if (t>

this might seem dumb, but what map are you using?

this might seem dumb, but what map are you using?

:P  i am using Chernarus , i could take a look at the code tomorrow,  and see if there is any issues with missing brackets or what ever just wanted to give u a heads up in-case there was a problem i will also do a compare doc's to make sure there inst any corruption on my side

Thanks again!

Woke up this morning looked at the code and found 2 extra }; at the very bottom of both sqf files , i removed them and tested , it works fine no errors in the .rpt log.

Edited by zzzTNTzzz

:P  i am using Chernarus , i could take a look at the code tomorrow,  and see if there is any issues with missing brackets or what ever just wanted to give u a heads up in-case there was a problem i will also do a compare doc's to make sure there inst any corruption on my side

Thanks again!

Woke up this morning looked at the code and found 2 extra }; at the very bottom of both sqf files , i removed them and tested , it works fine no errors in the .rpt log.

Well i've had 167 downloads an only you with the issue :P so im thinking something happen on your end, redownload it and reinstall. If you dont have experience in packing pbos that could be the problem. As they require to be signed

Well i've had 167 downloads an only you with the issue :P so im thinking something happen on your end, redownload it and reinstall. If you dont have experience in packing pbos that could be the problem. As they require to be signed

ok i rechecked the file downloaded yours again and found that u have just one extra }; at the end of the file  not 2 like i said before hand , sry about that  , you can check for your self the last }; does nothing 

the files we download have 

if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_75 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_R2_RockWall", [14224.753, 13776.799, 27.756823], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_75 = _this;
  _this setDir -180.43475;
  _this setPos [14224.753, 13776.799, 27.756823];
};

};

};

ok i rechecked the file downloaded yours again and found that u have just one extra }; at the end of the file  not 2 like i said before hand , sry about that  , you can check for your self the last }; does nothing 

the files we download have 

if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_75 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["MAP_R2_RockWall", [14224.753, 13776.799, 27.756823], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_75 = _this;
  _this setDir -180.43475;
  _this setPos [14224.753, 13776.799, 27.756823];
};

};

};

ah good

Been fighting with this for a couple dayz.     I have epoch chernarus server 1.0.4.2/112555  with about 20 building addons on server side that runs fine no problem  2 of those in fact.   

Recently I started Overpoch thru survival servers..  its using same chernarus map    when I put in building folder and execvm in server_functions   nothing shows up.   I tried calling form Server_monitor also nothing.    I then had had one server not overpoch but epoch that had had your North_Cave.sqf  and I had built fort there.   Somehow that cave is missing now so the fort is a floater.      I tried to add in this North file.........won't show up.

So must have some type of black cloud over my head..............note: tried to add buildings mission side again   no show.

These building.sqf's work on other servers............so its not the code.   

thanks in advance Grumpy Gramps

Been fighting with this for a couple dayz.     I have epoch chernarus server 1.0.4.2/112555  with about 20 building addons on server side that runs fine no problem  2 of those in fact.   

Recently I started Overpoch thru survival servers..  its using same chernarus map    when I put in building folder and execvm in server_functions   nothing shows up.   I tried calling form Server_monitor also nothing.    I then had had one server not overpoch but epoch that had had your North_Cave.sqf  and I had built fort there.   Somehow that cave is missing now so the fort is a floater.      I tried to add in this North file.........won't show up.

So must have some type of black cloud over my head..............note: tried to add buildings mission side again   no show.

These building.sqf's work on other servers............so its not the code.   

thanks in advance Grumpy Gramps

Have to add  "these building sqf's"  I'm referring to are all the other building addons not the cave ones.  None of these cave files show up on any servers  and they were downloaded from your site.    They look fine as far as I can tell. 

also when I start messing with trying different locations I get the "wait for charactor data" death quote and end up rebuilding server from scratch...........    does anyone have a suicide script I can have on my desktop so when I can't get into dayz I can use it  anyway??

Have to add  "these building sqf's"  I'm referring to are all the other building addons not the cave ones.  None of these cave files show up on any servers  and they were downloaded from your site.    They look fine as far as I can tell. 

also when I start messing with trying different locations I get the "wait for charactor data" death quote and end up rebuilding server from scratch...........    does anyone have a suicide script I can have on my desktop so when I can't get into dayz I can use it  anyway??

Need more info, what have you done to add my caves? what program/method do you use to unpack and repack your pbos?

Need more info, what have you done to add my caves? what program/method do you use to unpack and repack your pbos?

Hi,  I didn't do anything to the cave sqf other then copy/paste.    I have Dayz Epoch 1.0.4.2/112555 and have buildings folder in server root.   I put all the building addons in there.   I put at bottom of the server_functions.sqf  the executes

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\North_Cave.sqf";

also tried in server_monitor in server side folder system.   and I tried mission side........ 

I joined up with a few servers with someone who had it already on his server on server side I had used that on another server and it worked but then one day I look the cave is gone.   One of us might of taken it out by mistake.   All the other buildings work.   Server boots up no hang ups and nothing I could see in rpt.

the cave files I downloaded from your post.    I use pbo manager

thanks in advance

};

};

};>

};

};

};>

};

_vehicle_48 = objNull;

if (t>

_vehicle_48 = objNull;

if (t>

Hey,  I looked at my RPT today and noticed some errors.   Exact same errors as this.  I took out the extra closing brackets myself.  But also noticed this on mine aswell:

21:03:33   Error Undefined variable in expression: _center_0
21:03:33 File z\addons\dayz_server\maps\North_Cave.sqf, line 338[/spoiler]

So I checked and sure enough in North_Cave.sqf line 338:

Remove this line to fix the error

Another Good add on pack,

Thanks Hollow!

Hey,  I looked at my RPT today and noticed some errors.   Exact same errors as this.  I took out the extra closing brackets myself.  But also noticed this on mine aswell:

21:03:33   Error Undefined variable in expression: _center_0
21:03:33 File z\addons\dayz_server\maps\North_Cave.sqf, line 338[/spoiler]

So I checked and sure enough in North_Cave.sqf line 338:

Remove this line to fix the error

Another Good add on pack,

Thanks Hollow!

ah hate when that happens, ive made the change to the download as well

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...