Epoch 102 Server Crashing

Darth_Rogue

Question

Since the Epoch update I've been having trouble with the server crashing every so often.  At first I thought it was the AI package, but I tried disabling it and it still crashed.  Haven't had any trouble with installed add ons with any previous versions.  I haven't changed anything in settings or parameters before or after the update.  The only difference is in the 1.0.2 update itself.  My mission file and log file and crash dump are attached at the link for review.  Any insight is appreciated!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87fhvbczmrlm1kv/Crashing%20Server.zip

7 answers to this question

Haven't made any changes to core files.  Only added AIs and extra buildings to the server PBO and other addons, such as self blood and remove clothes script to the mission file.  Same stuff as we were running previously.  I will check the BE filters.  Seems like it may be a db DLL issue.  The RPT file keeps mentioning a tbb4malloc_bi.dll file.  I just copied new versions of them into the appropriate folder.  We will see how that goes.

Looking at your log it seems you are having some errors with some 3rd party scripts: 

7:08:48 Warning Message: Script addons\kh_actions.sqf not found
17:08:49 Error in expression < "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_1 = _this;
_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
if (false) th>
17:08:49   Error position: <setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
if (false) th>
17:08:49   Error setunitability: Type Nothing, expected Object
17:08:49 File z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\BlackLac_Dan_BBC.sqf, line 374
17:08:49 "Running "kh_actions"."

Start fresh without any modifications and see if you still have issues.

17:08:49 Error in expression < "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_unit_1 = _this;

_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;

if (false) th>

17:08:49   Error position: <setUnitAbility 0.60000002;

if (false) th>

17:08:49   Error setunitability: Type Nothing, expected Object

17:08:49 File z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\BlackLac_Dan_BBC.sqf, line 374

that error does not break the server as i have had that file running with the same error with out any problems

the problem will prob be that addons\kh_actions.sqf is not found

The kh_actions was being loaded twice.  I fixed the extra one by deleting it since it was not needed.  But the server is still randomly crashing.  I've been working on other servers so I haven't had time to muck with it much.  I will try removing various addons and see if one of those is causing the issue.  The RPT is showing no other errors that would be indicative of any serious problems though.  I will keep everyone posted with my findings.

The kh_actions was being loaded twice.  I fixed the extra one by deleting it since it was not needed.  But the server is still randomly crashing.  I've been working on other servers so I haven't had time to muck with it much.  I will try removing various addons and see if one of those is causing the issue.  The RPT is showing no other errors that would be indicative of any serious problems though.  I will keep everyone posted with my findings.

My suggestion is to do a clean install of everything, Arma files, server files, the database...

You can restore the character_data, object_data, and player_data rows into your database without issue.

Make sure your PBOs are not botched as well. Pack them with either cpbo or pboview. I have had the most success with cpbo.