Safe ownership VIA SQL/Player UID

Flosstradamus

Question

19 answers to this question

Although it may be a tagged friendly who placed it  ;) .

Check the plot pole and then check the currentstate field of the owner.  The last set of brackets holds the list of tagged friendly charIDs (or PlayerUIDs if you are using one of the charID -> PlayerUID mods for plot poles.

Look in your CreateVehicle.log in your battleye folder on the server for a line like this:

16.05.2014 11:58:12: NAME (11.11.11.11:111) cadfasfsefsefsefsef6 - #0 "VaultStorageLocked" 5:57 [13163,14029,11]

The GUID is given along with the location, which should match the location of the vault in your database.

If it's a persistent thing with your users and you want to catch them in the act, without looking through your logs every time.. This will log it and send it to Rcon at the same time.... Remember, this is just logging the action of placing a safe, it isn't flagging a hacker.. You simply use it to see who's placing them and how often, I'm just mentioning this for anyone who isn't sure.  We don't want any unnecessary bans from reading this :P

In your createVehicle.txt file, after the line that reads //NEW , put this on its own line.. 

3 "VaultStorageLocked"

Reference used: http://dayz.st/w/Battleye_Filters

Look in your CreateVehicle.log in your battleye folder on the server for a line like this:

16.05.2014 11:58:12: NAME (11.11.11.11:111) cadfasfsefsefsefsef6 - #0 "VaultStorageLocked" 5:57 [13163,14029,11]

The GUID is given along with the location, which should match the location of the vault in your database.

Also this might help sweet. I'll give it a try

Yes but not the information I need. It doesn't spit out a player UID and none of the information it gives allows me to do anything with it via SQL.

Just by looking through my server logs I can see exactly who opened a safe and where. It shows every guid that placed a safe in my createvehicle log too. I'm not sure why you can't use any of that information from your own server? :)

Just use wingrep on the rpt file to check for the text "VaultStorageLocked". 

It will list out all instances in the log which you can then check.

Wingrep also has a command line so you could also wrap it up in a scheduled batch file.

The structure of the DB does not match the requirement of holding the safe code and owner with the present implementations.

The log reports that actual playerUID of the person who placed the item.

WinGrep will report on the log file and in a batch file can be scheduled to producte a report.

Just by looking through my server logs I can see exactly who opened a safe and where. It shows every guid that placed a safe in my createvehicle log too. I'm not sure why you can't use any of that information from your own server? :)

Yes that is fine and dandy but you're missing the point I am trying to make. I would have to be online to catch this. My logs are saved for 2 days and then they automatically delete. I can always check when the safe was last accessed then hopefully check my createvehicle.log and do it that way but it would make more sense if a safe was tied to a player uid. Much like the script that allows walls and such tied to a uid.

Yes that is fine and dandy but you're missing the point I am trying to make. I would have to be online to catch this. My logs are saved for 2 days and then they automatically delete. I can always check when the safe was last accessed then hopefully check my createvehicle.log and do it that way but it would make more sense if a safe was tied to a player uid. Much like the script that allows walls and such tied to a uid.

Then change the way your logs are saved, then stop being a lazy admin and check your logs daily.  At most you have to check your logs every 40 hours or so, which as administration goes for servers, isn't bad at all.  You've had some pretty decent replies to this problem of yours and all you can do is moan about the UID not being attached to the safe, you've got the dam GUID attached to it in your logs for goodness sakes, just open them and CHECK them, once every 2 days if you're too lazy to check any other time (you're obviously not that eager to catch the cheater otherwise. More than 2 days? He's long gone by then lol).  That fine and dandy enough for you. I got your point , I just don't get your attitude! :P

FYI: Walls are attached to the players Character ID , not UID! 

Then change the way your logs are saved, then stop being a lazy admin and check your logs daily.  At most you have to check your logs every 40 hours or so, which as administration goes for servers, isn't bad at all.  You've had some pretty decent replies to this problem of yours and all you can do is moan about the UID not being attached to the safe, you've got the dam GUID attached to it in your logs for goodness sakes, just open them and CHECK them, once every 2 days if you're too lazy to check any other time (you're obviously not that eager to catch the cheater otherwise. More than 2 days? He's long gone by then lol).  That fine and dandy enough for you. I got your point , I just don't get your attitude! :P

FYI: Walls are attached to the players Character ID , not UID! 

I'm not a lazy admin but I do have a real life and a job that requires me to work 40-60 hours a week. I took the replies from above and applied it including your original suggestion. but I was also suggesting that it would be easier if the safe was tied to a UID. Also my walls are attached to player UID Because I have the script installed where it ties walls and plot poles to a player UID. I catch cheaters just fine. I am also not trying to give off attitude but the way I come off in a forum setting probably makes me look like an asshole so I apologize for that.

I am currently thrashing out a proposal for encrypted codes which would allow tying the playerUID to the buildables.  It may be helpful when I get round to start coding it.  Need to finish my scripts first though.

I'm not a lazy admin but I do have a real life and a job that requires me to work 40-60 hours a week. I took the replies from above and applied it including your original suggestion. but I was also suggesting that it would be easier if the safe was tied to a UID. Also my walls are attached to player UID Because I have the script installed where it ties walls and plot poles to a player UID. I catch cheaters just fine. I am also not trying to give off attitude but the way I come off in a forum setting probably makes me look like an asshole so I apologize for that.

I don't think you're an asshole. Just for the record :p