Is it possible to move a dayz.st server to a VPS?

FragZ

Question

I would like to know if it was possible to move my dayz.st server (now at 40+ player that lags alot) to a VPS or another host.

I don't want people and bases and all of that to disappear... I want to keep the exact same server.

Can anyone help me install it and gear up with a good VPS? Or is it better a dedi?

Can someone help me move the server as well?

Money will be involved.

9 answers to this question

It's been a while since I had a dayz.st server so I don't remember - do you have access to the database? If you do, just export the data and then import it to the new location. 

Thats what I was wondering. I have access to the database so would I just need to export the whole bliss_412 database?

And how do I setup a server on a VPS? First time ever I dont even know where to check I just have alot of cash to spend. If someone can install it for me, I would pay.

But ye export your database and for the server setup there is plenty of tutorials on the Epoch wiki. Dayz.st structure is a little different from the default epoch structures so import it the way it is and do not install the epoch database first and then try to write it over cause that won't work

i didint do anything yet. I want to get a good VPS first and then pay someone to set everything up lol... I had over 600$ in donations.

dude why bother with an underpowered vps.  Most likely the host is running their servers to the max so your performance will be crap.

go with a dedicated host.  It's not hard to set up.  If you are serious you can PM me and I'll go over some details with you that will make it easier.

dude why bother with an underpowered vps.  Most likely the host is running their servers to the max so your performance will be crap.

go with a dedicated host.  It's not hard to set up.  If you are serious you can PM me and I'll go over some details with you that will make it easier.

PMed you. Still waiting for more replies though.

Short Answer : Yes

I am currently running

Epoch - Sauerland

Epoch - Napf

Overwatch - Chernarus

On a VPS

We have not hit maximum players. The most so far would be 30 accross all 3 servers but they seem to work fine.

The Good - Easy to configure

The Bad - Sql can be a bit of a sod to set up. Got there after many hours of hair pulling.

Security - If you want decent admin tools buy some as i have not yet got anything to work easily

Dart - Still cannot get it to work on all the servers but getting there. (Works on one!) (Nearly works on 2).

Costs: VPS - £30 mth  3x 50 slot servers - ST $30 for a 50 slot x 3 = $90 about £60

Will it handle full capacity.

When I achieve that I will let you know!

I will help you on setup but can't afford the time to setup the whole thing for you.