[Suggestion] - Epi-pen Usage

Kind-Sir

I got down to some thinking today when I passed out trying to carry some supplies to a buddy's vehicle:

What would a possible use be for an epi-pen?
Then it hit me!

The epi-pen could be used by the player to give them a couple of minutes of adrenaline, simulating that their weight is very low, meaning they wont get fatigued as quickly.
For example: Assume you're carrying 500lbs of equipment you've been looting while prone, and your buddy comes up in a vehicle, but it breaks down 200m from you and is getting eaten alive by zombies while bandits are trying to repair his vehicle. You would run up, but after a few dozen meters, you will pass out. If you had an epi-pen, you could run, kill the bandits, shoot the zeds, heal your friend, and fix up the vehicle within a couple of minutes.

If that isn't a good enough use, what about using an epi-pen before combat to give you around 5 minutes of no-knockout mode (unless shot in the head, if you don't die of course). Useful for rescue situations when your buddy is getting eaten up by zombies and you rush in to bandage him and a couple zeds decide to come surround you.

• 4 weeks later...

just rename epi to adreneline problem solved cause adreneline works to revive people too see pulp fiction XD

psst, what do you think an epi-pen is? It's nothing but a prepackaged artificial adrenaline shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epinephrine_autoinjector

"An epinephrine autoinjector is a medical device used to deliver a measured dose (or doses) of epinephrine (also known as adrenaline) using autoinjector technology, most frequently for the treatment of acute allergic reactions to avoid or treat the onset of anaphylactic shock."

Epi-pen's are definitely moot point in my group with which we've never made them a mandatory grab. It's one of those items that has a very rare but very useful purpose in the right situation, but usually just takes up bag space and gets dropped. It has a distinct purpose, but that purpose is so rare to encounter that its more preferable to take 'absolute' items like ammo, extra blood bags or even smoke grenades.

I really like the idea that it could give you some sort of speed or awareness boost for a limited period of time. Adrenaline will increase the heart rate significantly though, so while you're reflexes might be quicker, I don't think it should necessarily make you able to carry more weight. Perhaps if you are on low blood (and black and white), taking an adrenaline early will not only prevent knock outs, but also give you full colour/vision/sound for a limited time with a small speed boost. A few of those would make a great escape kit in the case of a bandit encounter or close call with a pack of zombies. A drawback could be that if too many are taken in a short period of time, your guy will pass out and you won't be able to use any epi-pens on him.