The Most Challenging Server? (No Traders)

Valdarok

I Have been searching for the perfect server for a long time now, and still to no avail. I keep seeing hundreds of the same server, auto this and auto that... Its a zombie apocalypse, it should be difficult, there should not be an endless supply of items/vehicles etc.

I am looking for a server which does NOT include any of the following:

Auto-Refuel / Auto Repair.
Self Bloodbag (unless in a hospital).
Heli Evac / Towing
Trader Cities or Traders.
Currency in any form.
OP Weapons and Vehicles
Extra Barracks/Industrial
AI which drop weapons
.... Im sure you get the picture by now.

I do however wish to keep a few things in the game, I enjoy 3rd person, I feel it adds some more tactics to a battle, but it does have dissadvantages of being slightly slower on the trigger against an enemy in 1st person.

If you have a server, or know of a server which I may find suits me please let me know.

I Have been searching for the perfect server for a long time now, and still to no avail. I keep seeing hundreds of the same server, auto this and auto that... Its a zombie apocalypse, it should be difficult, there should not be an endless supply of items/vehicles etc.

I am looking for a server which does NOT include any of the following:

Auto-Refuel / Auto Repair.
Self Bloodbag (unless in a hospital).
Heli Evac / Towing
Trader Cities or Traders.
Currency in any form.
OP Weapons and Vehicles
Extra Barracks/Industrial
AI which drop weapons
.... Im sure you get the picture by now.

I do however wish to keep a few things in the game, I enjoy 3rd person, I feel it adds some more tactics to a battle, but it does have dissadvantages of being slightly slower on the trigger against an enemy in 1st person.

If you have a server, or know of a server which I may find suits me please let me know.

If you don't want trader cities traders or currency...... epochs not really for you

If you can name me another mod with the great modular building system epoch has I will agree with you, but when there are hundreds of different servers out there, I would expect there to be some out there which cater to players who like a different style of gameplay.

I have played on some which have 1 trader city, some which have custom traders with no building/vehicle/medical parts, which are more towards my style, but not found the perfect one yet.

InsertCoins, I have thought about the idea numerous times, but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

How much would a server cost? (Max Players approx 40)

How long would it take to edit scripts?

How difficult would it be? (I'm capable of following instruction if there are videos out there)

If you can name me another mod with the great modular building system epoch has I will agree with you, but when there are hundreds of different servers out there, I would expect there to be some out there which cater to players who like a different style of gameplay.

I have played on some which have 1 trader city, some which have custom traders with no building/vehicle/medical parts, which are more towards my style, but not found the perfect one yet.

I will be rebooting my server setup in the near future to a 3 server private hive. Each will have a different "flavor" PvE,PvP, and last but not least Realism Based Server.  It won't be free of traders or even be "realistic" as we have some sci-fi mods added, but it will be realistic in the sense that it will have a higher difficulty, lower quality/quantity stock for vendors, and scripts/rules encouraging players to play in a realistic manner.  Just more challenging over all. Unfortunately, we are still in the development stages and won't be operational for a month or so yet.  I'm proud to announce that one of our new features will be a unique Humanity Based Persistent Leveling System. knightsofthethorn.com if you are interested. Registration is at the top.

Fisk, sorry late reply, I'm having a few troubles with the zombies.nu dayzero launcher atm, will work on fixing it then I will give the server a try, I really like the idea of traders only having stock players have sold.

Play regular dayz on a hardcore namalsk server. You'll starve to death before you find a hunting knife

Challenge Accepted, I'll munch through the cow hide with my teeth if I have to :)

Got a server in mind I could try?

Challenge Accepted, I'll munch through the cow hide with my teeth if I have to :)

Got a server in mind I could try?

Well honestly, its going to be hard to find a server like this that has a steady population.. so if you dont mind playing alone once in awhile you could pick any number of namalsk servers. Look for one that doesn't advertise any modifications or special perks. Once in a great while I play this server (69.39.239.134:3136) it usually has no one on it.

Unfortunately, most servers are geared towards whatever is popular. If you dont gear your server to whats popular, it'll be empty the majority of the time. I used to run an always night Namalsk server. It was very hardcore survival, but I shut it down because no one ever played on it and I felt like I was wasting money.

Couldn't you just not use any of those features?

I play on a server with auto-refuel and such but I don't use it.  Problem solved.

I Could elect to just ignore the features that are implemented into the game, and create for myself the experience I am looking for, however, its when the multi-player aspect comes into the game, the ability for someone else to auto refuel could be the difference between me raiding an unsuspecting player who's refuelling their car or someone who I had chased and had the ability to constantly add more fuel to get away.

I know these situations are rare, and would not effect gameplay very much at all, but really what I am after is an even harder version that no scripts.

Apologies if this constitutes advertising, but when I spent some time playing on aftermath servers, I found that it offered a much more challenging gameplay, but the thing that is most vital to me is epoch's modular building system, unfortunately I can't combine the too, it would have times when the brown oil barrels were out of fuel, which would happen in a zombie apocalypse.

One of the biggest problems with this game is, it's old. Long gone are the days when I can really enjoy playing the game for its survival aspects. I just get too bored too quickly. This is pretty much the deal with most people who play the game. Add in the fact that a lot of people who play are quite young kids who jump between call of duty and dayz, and you're basically SOL. Like I said I tried running a hardcore survival styled server and it was just dead all day everyday. Hell I can't even put night time on my server without everyone up in arms and killing the server population.

One of the biggest problems with this game is, it's old. Long gone are the days when I can really enjoy playing the game for its survival aspects. I just get too bored too quickly. This is pretty much the deal with most people who play the game. Add in the fact that a lot of people who play are quite young kids who jump between call of duty and dayz, and you're basically SOL. Like I said I tried running a hardcore survival styled server and it was just dead all day everyday. Hell I can't even put night time on my server without everyone up in arms and killing the server population.

I do see your point, the game has gone on longer than I would play any other game, but if i'm not mistaken, Arma 3's epoch, Dayz SA, and H1Z1 all on the horizon (I know SA is out, but does not yet offer half the feature it needs to sustain long gameplay) then surely there will be a place for us "more survival, less shoot em up" style players.