Remote Control (0) Infistar

Flosstradamus

Question

I figured i'd ask here since people are quite helpful. 

2014-04-23 05:02:44 infiSTAR HackLog | *** (redacted) | Remote Control (0)   |DayZ Instance: 11|

Popped up in my log. I have the latest infistar running as I grabbed the update a few days ago. Saw someone tried to run that. Checked my scripts.log and nothing. The person in question is quite the server regular so I don't want to jump to conclusions but I believe that relates to the backdoor that used to exist. Was he trying to gain access or am I going crazy?

Thanks,

Floss

9 answers to this question

I have received a similiar detection.  The player detected has been on my server for months and keeps a low profile.  I just paid more attention to him/her.....   

I've only seen it once so far out of 150 players, so kinda weird.

Hmm it just gone off again on another player. I'm beginning to think its just a false positive. Although there is a script that allows you to remotely control a player. Hopefully infistar reads this and gives some feedback on it.

Noticed a few times as well, doesn't seem to be an issue.  I sent Chris/Infistar an email and ask him to check this thread to see if he could shed some light on this and if we need to adjust some code or if it's a script we all have in common?