[Release] Walk Amongst The Dead - (Hide from zombies like "The Walking Dead")

Sandbird

still struggling

oh sorry just saw this message...well  there are 2 solutions to this.

Either you send me the .ext file and all the .hpp files that are included there to fix them

Or get a nice notepad++ type of editor and 1) follow the brackets that they open/close properly.....2) Put classes where they should be.

I would separate the sounds at the end of the file, add all the Rsc types at the top and all custom ones either at the end or in other files.

Also giving the exact error log would help...instead of "still struggling"  or "getting a config at end of file!"   How can i know what you mean there :/

Hello, I do not understand the part 8 - 10 I place where the file Compile.sqf and the file ui_selectSlot.sqf After the modifications ?

Sorry for my bad English

You put ui_select in your scripts/custom/whatever folder and omplie - mines in custom

then change the call in compiles to, for example, 

player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers  "custom\ui_selectSlot.sqf";

Hi me again 

I have this up and running i combined the hpp with the right click for self bloodbag 

class ExtraRc {
    class ItemBloodbag {
        class Use {
            text = "Use Bloodbag";
            script = "execVM 'custom\SelfBB.sqf'";
        };
	};	
	class ItemZombieParts {
		class smear {
			text = "Smear Guts on you";
			script = "[] execVM ""custom\walkamongstthedead\smear_guts.sqf"";";
		};
	};

class ItemWaterbottle {
		class wash {
			text = "Wash zombie guts";
			script = "[] execVM ""custom\walkamongstthedead\usebottle.sqf"";";
		};
    };
};

so its working 

I just had a player kicked with this any idea ? 

22:58:28 "DISCONNECT: Phil (248381958) Object: B 1-1-G:1 (Phil) REMOTE, _characterID: 7876 at loc [4722.78,2597.62,0.503161]"
22:58:29 "infiSTAR.de Log: 0h 42min | Phil (playerID) | player_zombieAttack: {} (BANNED) |DayZ Instance: 1337|"

You have an older version of the AH.

Search for this line in the AH:

if ((isNil 'player_zombieCheck') || (str player_zombieCheck != str _check2)) exitWith

and remove that whole if .... with the start and ending bracket.

Its a small alteration...if a hacker bypasses your AH who cares if zombies are gonna attack him or not :P

I'm not getting any option to smear guts.

I have 3 zombie parts on my gear.

This is the area for ui_selectSlot.sqf that is supposed to trigger the menu? Is this right?

//Populate Menu
	for "_i" from 0 to (_numActions - 1) do 
	{
		_menu = 	_parent displayCtrl (1600 + _i);
		_menu ctrlShow true;
		_config = 	(_cfgActions select _i);
		_type = 	getText	(_config >> "text");
		_script = 	getText	(_config >> "script");
		_outputOriented = 	getNumber	(_config >> "outputOriented") == 1;
		_height = _height + (0.025 * safezoneH);
		_compile =  format["_id = '%2' %1;",_script,_item];
		uiNamespace setVariable ['uiControl', _control];
		if (_outputOriented) then {
			/*
				This flag means that the action is output oriented
				the output class will then be transferred to the script
				and the type used for the name
			*/			
			_array = 	getArray	(_config >> "output");
			_outputClass = _array select 0;
			_outputType = _array select 1;
			_name = getText (configFile >> _outputType >> _outputClass >> "displayName");
			_compile =  format["_id = ['%2',%3] %1;",_script,_item,_array];
		};

_menu ctrlSetText format[_type,_name];
		_menu ctrlSetEventHandler ["ButtonClick",_compile];
	};
	_erc_cfgActions = (missionConfigFile >> "WaTd" >> _item);
	_erc_numActions = (count _erc_cfgActions);
	if (isClass _erc_cfgActions) then {
    for "_j" from 0 to (_erc_numActions - 1) do 
    {
        _menu =  _parent displayCtrl (1600 + _j + _numActions);
        _menu ctrlShow true;
        _config =  (_erc_cfgActions select _j);
        _text =  getText (_config >> "text");
        _script =  getText (_config >> "script");
        _height = _height + (0.025 * safezoneH);
        uiNamespace setVariable ['uiControl', _control];
        _menu ctrlSetText _text;
        _menu ctrlSetEventHandler ["ButtonClick",_script];
    };
};
	_pos set [3,_height];

I'm not getting any option to smear guts.

I have 3 zombie parts on my gear.

This is the area for ui_selectSlot.sqf that is supposed to trigger the menu? Is this right?

Yes, and the part you copy/pasted looks correct to me.

Do you see any errors in your client RPT file when you right click the zombie parts ?

Its located : C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

Check at the bottom of that file for any errors.

Yes, and the part you copy/pasted looks correct to me.

Do you see any errors in your client RPT file when you right click the zombie parts ?

Its located : C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

Check at the bottom of that file for any errors.

None.

I'm confused. i followed everything exactly.

None.

I'm confused. i followed everything exactly.

hmm do you at least get an option on a waterbottle ? when you right click it ?

Was your ui_selectslot.sqf modified before this ? I mean is it a vanilla file ?

Maybe something you did further up ? like forget to close a bracket }; ?

And you are sure you have :

• Included #include "custom\walkamongstthedead\watd.hpp" at the bottom of your description.ext file
  • The path where the walkamongstthedead script is correct (if you didnt already make a \custom folder in your root mission file and added the files there..at least change the word custom in all the scripts of the walkamongst files....also inside your description.ext)
  • Your MF Tow script has includes as well (i think) in the description.ext. try disable it ...see if it works..IF it does then that include file has some error in it.
  • Try adding the watd.hpp at the top of your description.ext right under the first initializations (after defines.hpp if you have any)

Worst case scenario if the above fails...do you have teamviewer ? Maybe i can take a look?

I've installed so many things on my server, some simple, others..not so much...but no luck on getting a menu response on this.

I give up

Did you owerwrite in your compiles.sqf (in your mission folder) the player_selectSlot ?

player_selectSlot= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\compile\ui_selectSlot.sqf";

and add the file there with the changes ?

Sorry i am asking noobish questions but i got no idea of your scripting knowledge and its the first time i see not even an error in RPT log trying to install this.

This should either work...or not...If not there should be an error..and if there is no error then that means its not 'loading' anything....hence the no error part, or IT not working :P

Did you owerwrite in your compiles.sqf (in your mission folder) the player_selectSlot ?

player_selectSlot= compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\compile\ui_selectSlot.sqf";

and add the file there with the changes ?

Sorry i am asking noobish questions but i got no idea of your scripting knowledge and its the first time i see not even an error in RPT log trying to install this.

This should either work...or not...If not there should be an error..and if there is no error then that means its not 'loading' anything....hence the no error part, or IT not working :P

Yeah that's what is confusing me.  And I know a little Lua (not much) and I learned PAWN by myself in San Andreas Multiplayer and created a Roleplay Server.

And yes, the file is there. I know it loaded something cause I did get an error when I first booted the server back up after i put this in. I had RscPictureGUI and RscTitles backwards lol. Error was easy to understand.

I switched them, now no errors. I don't see anything in the RPT regarding WATD, then again, I don't see anything regarding the MF Tow and it works.

I'm about as confused as Justin Bieber is when people try to tell her she's really a girl.....i don't get it.

Yeah that's what is confusing me.  And I know a little Lua (not much) and I learned PAWN by myself in San Andreas Multiplayer and created a Roleplay Server.

And yes, the file is there. I know it loaded something cause I did get an error when I first booted the server back up after i put this in. I had RscPictureGUI and RscTitles backwards lol. Error was easy to understand.

I switched them, now no errors. I don't see anything in the RPT regarding WATD, then again, I don't see anything regarding the RF Tow and it works.

I'm about as confused as Justin Bieber is when people try to tell her she's really a girl.....i don't get it.

lol, hmm..i know you hesitate for me to see the structure of the files but i cant blindly figure this one out..

At least the best way to see if anything is wrong is you trying to activate the script, right clicking the guts, and then send me both client and server RPT logs to see if you missed something there.

The tricky thing about the .ext and .hpp files is that if you are missing a bracket ...some things could not break, and not notice it at all...especially with towing, lifting and those scripts that 'that' Italian dude wrote...I've had troubles with them for ages.

Its really easy to install this script, but then again...its really easy to frack up :P

lol, hmm..i know you hesitate for me to see the structure of the files but i cant blindly figure this one out..

At least the best way to see if anything is wrong is you trying to activate the script, right clicking the guts, and then send me both client and server RPT logs to see if you missed something there.

The tricky thing about the .ext and .hpp files is that if you are missing a bracket ...some things could not break, and not notice it at all...especially with towing, lifting and those scripts that 'that' Italian dude wrote...I've had troubles with them for ages.

Its really easy to install this script, but then again...its really easy to frack up :P

Nothing shows up in the RPT when i try to selet the zombie parts or water bottle.

ui_selectSlot.sqf: http://pastebin.com/Rk0ds1Xc

compiles.sqf: http://pastebin.com/HhBxmaNg

init.sqf: http://pastebin.com/YneX3HnL

description.ext: http://pastebin.com/XjWCmv9k

Nothing shows up in the RPT when i try to selet the zombie parts or water bottle.

ui_selectSlot.sqf: http://pastebin.com/Rk0ds1Xc

compiles.sqf: http://pastebin.com/HhBxmaNg

init.sqf: http://pastebin.com/YneX3HnL

description.ext: http://pastebin.com/XjWCmv9k

And here is your problem :)

In your init.sqf at the bottom you are missing a comma before the initializing of walkamongstthedead

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\walkamongstthedead\config.sqf";

Should be :

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\walkamongstthedead\config.sqf";

Like i said....a comma can really be evil :P

EDIT: oh wait....thats an include....hmmmm maybe it doesnt need one....let me look at the files a bit more.

but i am pretty sure its something simple like that...a comma missing somewhere and the script is not loading.

Yeah your files seems fine..that include is ok as well..no need for comma.

Do me a favor open file :   \custom\walkamongstthedead\config.sqf

and at the bottom of it add this:

diag_log format[">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> walkamongstthedead initialized <<<<<<<<<<<<"];

Then run the server, join with your client and check your client's RPT log: C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

And search for the word      walk

Do you see that log entry anywhere ?

Yeah your files seems fine..that include is ok as well..no need for comma.

Do me a favor open file :   \custom\walkamongstthedead\config.sqf

and at the bottom of it add this:

diag_log format[">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> walkamongstthedead initialized <<<<<<<<<<<<"];

Then run the server, join with your client and check your client's RPT log: C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT

And search for the word      walk

Do you see that log entry anywhere ?

Alright I'll do that when i get back. I need to pick up my nephew from school.

Give me about an hour. I can't thank you enough for helping me with this.

Sandbird, it does :-)

15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - AntiHack Loading..."
15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - AntiHack Loaded!"
15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - CREATING AdminMenu"
15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - ADDING PublicVariableEventHandlers"
15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - FULLY LOADED"
15:28:43 ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> walkamongstthedead initialized <<<<<<<<<<<<"
15:28:43 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
15:28:43 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
15:28:48 "HIVE: Starting"
15:28:48 "server_monitor.sqf execution count = 1"
15:28:48 "HIVE: trying to get objects"
15:28:48 "HIVE: found 308 objects"
15:28:48 "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..."
15:28:48 "HIVE: got 0 Epoch Objects and 308 Vehicles"
15:28:48 UH1Y_DZE: ObsTurret - unknown animation source ObsTurret
15:28:48 UH1Y_DZE: ObsGun - unknown animation source ObsGun
15:28:54 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_turret - unknown animation source FLIR_turret
15:28:54 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_gun - unknown animation source FLIR_gun

Sandbird, it does :-)

15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - AntiHack Loading..."15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - AntiHack Loaded!"15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - CREATING AdminMenu"15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - ADDING PublicVariableEventHandlers"15:28:14 "infiSTAR.de AntiHack - FULLY LOADED"15:28:43 ">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> walkamongstthedead initialized <<<<<<<<<<<<"15:28:43 "Res3tting B!S effects..."15:28:43 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 85215:28:48 "HIVE: Starting"15:28:48 "server_monitor.sqf execution count = 1"15:28:48 "HIVE: trying to get objects"15:28:48 "HIVE: found 308 objects"15:28:48 "HIVE: Commence Object Streaming..."15:28:48 "HIVE: got 0 Epoch Objects and 308 Vehicles"15:28:48 UH1Y_DZE: ObsTurret - unknown animation source ObsTurret15:28:48 UH1Y_DZE: ObsGun - unknown animation source ObsGun15:28:54 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_turret - unknown animation source FLIR_turret15:28:54 AH6X_DZ: FLIR_gun - unknown animation source FLIR_gun

Hmm so it is getting initialised...is it possible that your AH is blocking it?

Can you try to disable it for a sec and see if it works?

Also try moving the watd.hpp a bit higher if you didnt already

I am running out of ideas lol. Worst casr scenario try with a vanilla server and mpmiasion file. If that doesnt work then there definetly something wrong with the way you do it. So many people have tried this. I cant think of a what could break this

Hmm so it is getting initialised...is it possible that your AH is blocking it?

Can you try to disable it for a sec and see if it works?

Also try moving the watd.hpp a bit higher if you didnt already

I am running out of ideas lol. Worst casr scenario try with a vanilla server and mpmiasion file. If that doesnt work then there definetly something wrong with the way you do it. So many people have tried this. I cant think of a what could break this

having 2 extra rcc, or a different hpp that conflicts?

just bouncing ideas your way

@SUGamingNetwork:

I think you should try doing this with my 3d.live.mission (in my signature is the thread)... See if you can make it happen in the editor first..Try adding there your Tow script as well. Its much faster debugging stuff there.

@caboose1:

Its not that...he posted some files in a previous thread and they looked fine...plus the script gets initialized so its not that either...Its really weird.