[FIXED] Players Stuck at Loading Screen with Sound/Audio

Rick167

Question

In the quote below is my original question. The issue has been resolved by utilizing the method found

To whom it may concern-

I have a DayZ Epoch 1.0.5.1 / 125548 server running on Chernarus and have run into a huge problem... Server guests can get into my server ONCE, then when they try to come back, they are completely unable to return. They get stuck at a loading screen while hearing background audio in-game. When looking at their player, if they move their mouse around, you see their character looking around, but they appear to be stuck in the loading/idle animation.

They appear to be placed in a player_idlesteady state when they load in:

["","aidlpercmstpsraswpstdnon_player_idlesteady01",100,[]]

I've been doing a TON of reading here on the Epoch forums about these types of errors, and I've attempted many fixes to no avail. I even tried wiping my server completely and running standard Epoch 1.0.5.1 with no custom scripts, and the problem is still occurring.

I've tried:

- I advised the players to restart their game. They've done it up to 6 times consecutively to no avail.

- I advised the players to "Flush" locally. Didn't help.

- I tried the following suggested SQL fix:  - It didn't help.

- I tried adding EndLoadScreen (or something along those lines) into the init.sqf as instructed in a different post. It didn't work.

- I tried deleting the line "#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"" in the file "init.sqf". It didn't work.

- I delete the player's character in the database, and they start out as a fresh spawn and load perfectly. If they try to logout, then log back in, same problem. >.<

This is happening to more than just one person, it's happening to quite a number of people, and it has nothing to do with custom scripts.

Has anyone figured out the fix to this yet?

Thanks,

Rick

10 answers to this question

I experienced it once, and I solved the problem myself by creating a new profile at the main menu. However, when another player of my server got stuck that problem, and I told him to do like what I did. He created a new profile, and tried to join the server again, but seemed not working that solution.

I have no idea yet how to solve that problem, but hope you have a solution soon!

in your compiles .sqf

look for the following:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";};

replace that with the following

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { 
	diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; 
	endLoadingScreen;
};

That fixes your problems.

Its when somehow the load screen doesnt get ended. So if login loop completed, force the load to end.

Tip: Follow your topic with the follow topic on the right top ^^, u will get a mail as soon as you get a response!

in your compiles .sqf

look for the following:

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";};

endLoadingScreen;
};

Its when somehow the load screen doesnt get ended. So if login loop completed, force the load to end.

Tip: Follow your topic with the follow topic on the right top ^^, u will get a mail as soon as you get a response!

It appears that this fixed the problem perfectly! THANK YOU!

FYI, i will release a tutorial/script this evening to show more detailed messages in loadscreen.

For example:

Server getting objects from hive. ( + the default message)
Spawning 5000 objects. ( + the default message)
Spawned 2000 of 5000 objects.  ( + the default message)
Server running  ( + the default message)

Timeout timer starts running when server is running!

So no timeout because server is loading instead of actually loggin u in. 

Nice yeah found this in piggd banking inside the compiles but these were switched are switched around    

endLoadingScreen;

Does it make differnce?

think your one zupa works a little better, cheers man

dial_log is just server logging. No influence what so ever on the game.

in your compiles .sqf

look for the following:

endLoadingScreen;
};

Where is the compiles.sqf, I do not see it in my sayz_server.pbo.

Thanks!

Where is the compiles.sqf, I do not see it in my sayz_server.pbo.

Thanks!

Hi, Jackal!

Your "compiles.sqf" file is located within the dayz_code.pbo file.

You can locate this file by going to the: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch1051\addons folder.

You'll need a program in order to open the PBO. A program such as PBO Manager can be used to accomplish this. You can download PBO Manager here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Once you have PBO Manager downloaded, make a copy of your dayz_code.pbo file to your desktop. Open the copy from your desktop using PBO Manager and go to the "init" folder.

From there, you can copy the "compiles.sqf" file to your desktop. Open it with Notepad (or Notepad++, which can be found at: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/)

Search for the line:

Replace it with:

endLoadingScreen;
};

Now create a new folder in your mission file called "custom" and place your modified "compiles.sqf" file into that folder.

Inside your mission file, open "init.sqf"

Find:

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";				//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";				//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";	//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

And change it to:

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";				//Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";				//Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";	//Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";				//Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

Then save your init.sqf file and restart your server. You should be all set!