client freezes upon joining

insertcoins

Hi,

Anyone else have the problem with clients their game freezing for 2-5 minutes when joining the server? It looks like it needs the time to load all the stuff in the map/on the server (that's my thought) but not sure if it is locally or a know issue.

I have tried to join twice now, first time it was just sitting on "receiving" and i had forgot to start my stop watch so i closed arma and tried again.

The second time i didnt have to download the mission file so there was no delay by that etc but it took me 5 min 29 seconds to join and be able to see the world.

I cleared my local RPT before joining so i know its all to do with your server and it looks like there is a problem with one of your files "z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_surfaceNoise.sqf"

Also i got a error message pop up on screen saying "Warning Message: Resource title BTC_Hud not found"

here is the RPT log for you http://pastebin.com/SupSg79u

Out of interest, are you using the SUV gun animation?

Hello,

the long waiting time (receiving Character) is not an map failure. 

Sure, the map is huge, but it should loaded in a normal time. 

try this:

- Check your Database and clean up old or dead characters

- Check your database and delete old or destroyed vehicles. (EG: in the city Menden are often many of old an destroyed cars which will not be cleaned automaticaly and blew up the database)

- Check your addons or scripts, is there eventually an script failure?

Tipp: Hold your Database small and clean to have the best Performance and use only safe and stable running scripts.

regards

We have similar issues on our server. Been bug hunting for a few weeks now. Sometimes it'll fly in, sometimes you get stuck for about 5 minutes. Really annoying. We know its not a map issue, and there's not much in the RPT that screams "fix me". If we happen across anything that solves our issue, we'll let you know. Also keeping tabs on this topic to see if anyone else throws up a suggestion.

I get this exact problem when : the server restarts and im the first person to load, but it never takes 5 minutes lol, 2-3 TOPS. After that I load in perfectly fine and it's not just me, whoever joins first after a restart and triggers the server to actually LOAD gets this...

I get this exact problem when : the server restarts and im the first person to load, but it never takes 5 minutes lol, 2-3 TOPS. After that I load in perfectly fine and it's not just me, whoever joins first after a restart and triggers the server to actually LOAD gets this...

It's every person. When they load in (being the first or even the 20th person to join the server), the server gets stuck on waiting for authentification (or a bit before that) with vanilla files, too.