You must be close to a rock to mine ore....

Turtle

Question

Well, pretty much, to keep this post short and simple here is my problem:

Once my player count gets around 40, it's almost impossible to join the server. 

You get to the loadscreen, you get to :

Requesting Authentication

Retrying to Authenticate

Retrying to Authenticate

Retrying to Authenticate

Retrying to Authenticate

Then eventually it will say 
You must be close to a rock to mine ore!

Then it kicks you to the lobby and you have to try all over again.

Could try modifying your basic.cfg. I know that the network settings i have for when 10 people are on do not work for when there are 40. Post that for us if you could.

Also, I had this same problem last night, but the server in our datacenter was apparently having connection issues due to a flakey switch *shrug*

language="English";
MinBandwidth=1097152;
MaxMsgSend=256;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

I would put the maxbandwidth setting back in just to see if there is any relief.

When the server crashes do you get anything in the rpt?

100mb or 1gbps bandwidth?

It crashing sounds like a much more serious issue. Dedicated or host because these issues sound like the issues i had when i first went dedicated. I was finally able to correct them by fine tuning my basic.cfg

I use a 100mb connection and these work for my network.

Min: 20971520

Max: 100000000

If you have a 1gpbs its something like 1073741824.

According to BI, it uses the minimum and max to calculate the average network speed for the entire server. I think this is why I have issues when I have it removed.

I had my minimum set too low too and that caused issues as well. I used to have it set to 131072 and bad things were happening lag wise as well.

I only focus on these 2 settings first because it took me so long to figure out what the issue was. Took me 2 frustrating weeks and alot of help from the community for me to nail these down.

With mine yes. When my settings were too low some players couldn't even get to the lobby. And my mission fle would take 5 minutes to download. Now it downloads instantly and ppl pop right into the lobby.

Its all about packets.

With mine yes. When my settings were too low some players couldn't even get to the lobby. And my mission fle would take 5 minutes to download. Now it downloads instantly and ppl pop right into the lobby.

Its all about packets.

Carp, the max bandwith works!!!!

It's surprising because honestly it makes no sense at all to me. But, now when I have 40 players on I am able to successfully connect to the server. Next thing is fixing my traders so they don't delete the vehicles right after someone buys one. 

Yeah I wish there was a set it and forget :( I have used settings from other servers with very similar hardware and network equipment and had disastrous results. I found alot has to do with what you are currently experiencing and how things are reacting to current settings to improve.

language="English";
MinBandwidth=131072;
MaxBandwidth=100000000;
MaxMsgSend=512;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=128;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;
MinErrorToSend=0.003;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
maxPacketSize=1400;
};
serverLongitude=-97;
serverLatitude=38;
serverLongitudeAuto=-97;
serverLatitudeAuto=38;

is what im running currently and im on verthosting.

I'm experiencing a ton of:

Server Object not found
Network message is pending
Player Null
Authentication looping
Must be close to mine ore error message
Vehicles disappearing

This only happens at 40-50 people and about 30-45 min left until restart.

Lol funny thing is the server that you have in your sig about dedicated servers is a company I did work for a few years ago. I'm actually at work right now in west palm fl

Server object not found is normal and no real way to discover what that is.

I have network message pendings too because i dont have maxmsgsend at 1024. You can get those to stop with it that high but i get players desyncing every few moments. I have not seen any negative effects of having the messages pending.

Some players have those messages spamming a couple thousand times and have not known of any issues.

I would definately bump your minbandwidth to something more reasonable. That will alleviate some of your issues.

Whats your restart timer. Mine is 6hrs.

Server object not found is normal and no real way to discover what that is.

I have network message pendings too because i dont have maxmsgsend at 1024. You can get those to stop with it that high but i get players desyncing every few moments. I have not seen any negative effects of having the messages pending.

Some players have those messages spamming a couple thousand times and have not known of any issues.

I would definately bump your minbandwidth to something more reasonable. That will alleviate some of your issues.

Whats your restart timer. Mine is 6hrs.

I'm at 2 hours and im not on a dedicated. But I am hoping to get a dedicated sometime this week so I think this will alleviate most of the issues that I am having.