Gamespy is shutting down the end of May

Hey awol, thanks for the update!

Working through my issues just now on my 1.63.112555 test server, got 99% of them fixed :blink:

Do you have any ideas if they're going to add a switch to disable squad.xml's server-side in 116523?  Seems to be a recurring topic and would be handy to stop those server crashes from bad xml's :)

We all need to be on 116523+ for steamworks support everyone will need to switch sooner or later. It is uncertain how much longer Gamespy will stay up. DotJosh has already told me that he will add steamworks lobby support and even has backup server lists.

The newer builds add extra error reporting that did not exist before. For now I would suggest updating to 112555 so that you can find any issues with custom code. 1.0.5 has been tested with 116523+ so any issues with dayz epoch base code should be fixed by the time we release here soon. 

116523 isn't on DayzCommander. Guess we have to download it manually. 

I know wikipedia isn't a huge source but its stating on the wikipedia that server termination is extended until the end of june.

Nothing on the Gamespy website about it as far as I can find.

The wikipedia page links to another article which states that much of EA's older online services (BF2 etc.) are being shut down on 30/06.

My guess is everything else is also being kept up until that date.