Running Namalsk with Epoch on Vilayer

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

I'm considering switching one of my servers to Namalsk and I was hoping someone here that is using Vilayer can advise me on how to do this.

I see Vilayer has "0.741" and "0.7.5" as the version numbers. I believe I can simply install Dayz Epoch in the ACP, then use Vilayer's Live Sync to install the correct version of Namalsk? I have Namalsk 0.741 installed via Dayz commander and was able to join a Epoch Namalsk server, so I'm assuming that's the right version.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

18 answers to this question

So anyway, I'm sure someone here is running Epoch Namalsk with Vilayer. I am able to join Epoch Namalsk servers without a problem. I've taken one of my existing Napf servers and I've done the following:

1. Using the ACP Live Sync, I installed Namalsk 0.741.

2. I edited the server config file with this: template = DayZ_Epoch_15.Namalsk;

When I try joining the server, I get booted off right away. So, anyone that has set this up with Vilayer, if you could chime in, I'd really appreciate it! :)

The server log shows this:

9:36:18 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.namalsk

9:36:18 Missing addons detected:
9:36:18   namalsk

Epoch is installed on the server. Namalsk 0.741 is installed on the server. I put in a ticket with Vilayer, but they like to wait a couple days to reply to tickets, so I'm not holding my breath.

I meant your client not the server. I installed a fresh Epoch Namalsk last night and using @DayZ_Namalsk it worked fine for me.

I can join Epoch Namalsk servers just fine, just not the one I created with Vilayer. That's what I'm asking for in this thread, for anyone with an Epoch Namalsk server through Vilayer to respond to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm with Vilayer, so beats me...did the same steps you did and I don't get that error. Guess you'll need to wait for them to look at it.

edit: wait, when you say "I've taken one of my existing Napf servers and I've done the following:", do you mean you took your Napf pbo files and re-used them for Namalsk?

I'm with Vilayer, so beats me...did the same steps you did and I don't get that error. Guess you'll need to wait for them to look at it.

edit: wait, when you say "I've taken one of my existing Napf servers and I've done the following:", do you mean you took your Napf pbo files and re-used them for Namalsk?

After I posted my original post, I reinstalled the server, so started fresh. Installed Epoch, then installed the Namalsk map (0.741) with the Live Sync. I edited my server's config file as described above and the error I posted above appears in my server's RPT log.

I think this might answer your question, because I had the same one...

Hi, 

I was wondering if it's now possible to use Epoch Namalsk with the DZCommander files on the Vilayer server I am renting?

Because the DZC files use different files compared to PlayWithSix.

And the answer I got from Matt was:

There was issue getting the Commander files to work with Epoch Namalsk. Namalsk is built differently than the other maps which makes merging it with Epoch more difficult. 

Due to there being virtually no demand the Commander version of Namalsk we made the decision not to support it. As of now we do not have any future plans of support Epoch Namalsk with anything except the Play With Six Files. 

I'm actually bored of Napf... It's a really good map, but there is little to nothing interesting over time. Have had it running for more than 2 months. Might switch to Chernarus or Panthera actually.

Well, let's see... I've played on Epoch Namalsk using the files downloaded with Dayz Commander, so I'd say that Matt is full of shit.

On your server??? Other servers might use the correct files.

Because Vilayer uses the PlayWithSix files, so in order to join your server you'd have to download and install PlayWithSix and use those files. Annoying yes.

I've tried many ways around this to get the DZC files working with Vilayer on Epoch Namalsk. None successful yet.

On your server??? Other servers might use the correct files.

Because Vilayer uses the PlayWithSix files, so in order to join your server you'd have to download and install PlayWithSix and use those files. Annoying yes.

I've tried many ways around this to get the DZC files working with Vilayer on Epoch Namalsk. None successful yet.

I have no idea, but from what they say, they are giving the impression that you can't play Namalsk with the files from Dayz Commander. I've moved beyond Namalask anyway. I am considering Panthera, but I'm having similar issues with being unable to connect to my own server, which I've posted in a different thread.