Comunity Epoch Custom Mod Pack

LoadingSA

Question

Objective

I want to work with the epoch community to build a mod pack we can add to our servers if we chose. Something central and universal, this way all of the server owners and admins can work on building a fun and balanced mod pack for all of the epoch community. I'm thinking we should focus on new custom weapons, Wheeled vehicles, helicopter and aircraft that fit a civilian or semi civilian style. I have some idea of what mods I think will fit epoch, adding some new flavor to the mod without adding anything insane to the gameplay. I will list some of my ideas broken down into categories.

Permissions

I also want to make sure each mod author is ok with us using their hard work in this way. We want to make sure to ask for their consent when using their work.

Wheeled Vehicles 

German Armed Forces Pack

This mod adds a lot of high quality German vehicles to the game, flat beds, cars and trucks.

KAMAS Rekins

A simple yet fun pack of reskins for the KAMAS utility trucks.

Polish Police and Army Vehicles

Adds a number of new basic wheeled vehicles.

UAZ 451 Pack

I remember these from DayZero, this pack adds a lot of new UAZ's to the game.

Helicopters

AAC Gazelle 

A fast transport chopper that comes in many different skins and flavors.

Westland Scout

Being a big fan of Westland choppers I can't resist adding this badass chopper to the list.

MH-60 SAR Coast Gaurd Chopper 

the ideal chopper for saving your squad from bad times at sea.

Mi Mi 6A Transport chopper

One of the worlds biggest choppers, you can literally drive a truck in the back of these things.

The Sikorsky R-4

One of the oldest helicopters out there a nice addition to the game.

News Choppers USEC Bell 206

Traffic reporting for your epoch server

Weapons

TBA looking around at what might not be super OP or crazy. I'm thinking the RH (robert hammer) packs might be good if we don't use all of them.

24 answers to this question

Yeah, I saw your post, it's a cool idea, but what I want to do is work with the community so we all have a go to pack to download that anyone can find and use. I would love your help with how exactly a mod pack is built to work with epoch or at all for that matter.

Yeah, I saw your post, it's a cool idea, but what I want to do is work with the community so we all have a go to pack to download that anyone can find and use. I would love your help with how exactly a mod pack is built to work with epoch or at all for that matter.

Its easy I can help ya

But 4 a official pack you need the premissions form the modcreator.

ok when we have the files ( with premissions )

ill help you if you have problems

Right now I'm trying to just get an idea of how all this works so I picked the bell helicopters addon listed in the first post. I place the bisign and the PBO in the "addons" folder of Dayz_epoch and the key file in the keys folder of the server. I also added "pobname"; to my mission.sqm.

On my client I made a folder and called it @fob with a folder inside that called "addons" and placed the same key in the key folder of my client. I then added "mod=@fob to dayz commander. 

When I connect yo my test server I am getting this;

gGJkYOG.png

Dayz commander is launching with the following;

-mod=@fob -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4 -maxMem=4096 -maxVram=8192 -noBenchmark -noLogs -noPause -noSplash -world=empty

The server is using;

@echo off
"c:\games\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=c:\games\arma\A2BECFG\dayzservercfg\server_butts.cfg" "-cfg=c:\games\arma\A2BECFG\dayzcfg\basic.cfg" "-BEpath=C:\games\arma\A2BECFG\BattlEye" "-profiles=c:\games\arma\A2BECFG\profiles" -name=chernarus "-mod=@fob;@panthera;@DayZ_Epoch;@hive;" "-cpuCount=2" "-exThreads=1" "-noSound" "-maxmem 1536" "-nosplash" "-showScriptErrors"

This is a fresh RPT from just after a restart and having me connect to it;

=====================================================================
== c:\games\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe
== "c:\games\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe"  -port=2302 "-config=c:\games\arma\A2BECFG\dayzservercfg\server_butts.cfg" "-cfg=c:\games\arma\A2BECFG\dayzcfg\basic.cfg" "-BEpath=C:\games\arma\A2BECFG\BattlEye" "-profiles=c:\games\arma\A2BECFG\profiles" -name=chernarus "-mod=@fob;@panthera;@DayZ_Epoch;@hive;" "-cpuCount=2" "-exThreads=1" "-noSound" "-maxmem 1536" "-nosplash" "-showScriptErrors"
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2013/07/02 22:57:00
Current time:  2014/03/31 16:50:05

Version 1.62.103718
Item STR_EPOCH_BULK_DESC_MP5SD listed twice
Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/14Rnd_FFAR/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/
Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/FFARLauncher/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled2\lada\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Lada_base/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_Conc2L_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/
Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_villager1/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_worker1/
Updating base class Soldier_Crew_PMC->Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SurvivorW2_DZ/
Updating base class HighCommand->Logic, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HighCommandSubordinate/
Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class NonStrategic->BuiltItems, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fort_RazorWire/
Updating base class MeleeHatchet->MeleeWeapon, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MeleeCrowbar/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/29Rnd_30mm_AGS30/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/48Rnd_40mm_MK19/
Updating base class 4000Rnd_762x51_M134->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/2000Rnd_762x51_M134/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/100Rnd_127x99_M2/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM/
Updating base class Hatchet_Swing->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/crowbar_swing/
Updating base class CA_Magazine->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/Hatchet_Swing/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\mv22\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MV22/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air2\uh1y\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNet_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNet_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNetB_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_1L_Noentry, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sign_1L_Noentry_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_circle, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helper_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BAF_AS50_scoped/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M60A4_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_m145_EP1/
Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/
Updating base class ->M240, by ca\weapons_e\m240\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m240_scoped_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class House->DZE_OpenHouse, by warehouse\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Ind_Pec_03/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->AH6_Base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MH6J_EP1/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air_e\an2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/An2_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->CH47_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ch47\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_TL_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/
Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscCompass/
Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscWatch/

No errors at all just the same error;

tzSMgVR.png

So the basic checks

1. Pbo. and bisign on your SERVER?

2. Serverkey On your Server?

3. Listed in mission.sqm ( not needed also works without , but then ppl without the mod can join too ) ?

4. pbo and bisign on your Client? 

5. Key on your client ?

And 

Try put your modfiles in your @DayZ epoch Folder in your Server. 

so you dont need to add @fob to your server.

-mod=@fob;@panthera;@DayZ_Epoch;@hive;

to

-mod=@panthera;@DayZ_Epoch;@hive;

Where is the serverkey in the server?

In the  SERVER -> @fob -> keys?

or in the Server -> keys?

Server -> keys  ( Recommended )