4 digit combination locks

Snakeyes

I would like to see this in an Epoch update. 3 digit combo lock codes can be broken with a little patience and fortitude. Breaking 4 digit codes is a considerably more daunting task.

10^3=1000 possible combinations

10^4=10000 possible combinations

4 Digit combos are actually 10^4, because its 0-9 not 1-9, but yes it would actully be better to update it to their number pad thing like for the safes, I would like to see this also

Part of me feels like we should keep the three digit combination locks and add

- [scrap Circuit Board]

- [Electronic Wiring]

- [Keypad] Incredibly Rare

Allowing for a recipe of something like:

[Digital Lock Mechanism]

- 1x Scrap Circuit Board

- 10x Electronic Wiring

- 1x Keypad

- 50x Scrap Metal

Then we could also have a recipe like:

[safe]

- 20x Metal Panels

- 8x Metal Poles

- 5x Wire Fencing Kits

- 1x Digital Lock Mechanism

You could jiggle these numbers around, but the idea is that making a safe, or a stronger lock should require some effort.

I'm not talking about removing the lock/packing the safe to change. I mean allow them to enter any combination they choose for locks/safes/lockboxes.

That would be welcome. Currently, I keep a Notepad file on my desktop with all my combo lock and safe combinations for multiple servers.

why?. The point of having three is to make it, so you can secure thing but at the same time its not secure. Why not put 10 doors infront of epoch, then you have 10 different codes need to be entered. Epoch made thing secure and you just want it to be more secure, in the offical version of days, all you had was wire fencing kits to keep thing secure. Safes are as safe as they get, why would you need to lock the whole base down?

With default Epoch, you can break codes rly fast (3 ppl and its done in some  minutes). Adding several doors to your safes isnt a good solution (db performance, max building in radius). I like the idea on Origins more. A Codepad with time based inputs would be great. Locks should be for bikes and motorbikes.

I have it so that everytime you enter lock code wrong 2 times in a row, 5 agro zombies will spawn next to you and 10 second timer for lock starts. It doesn't make forcing locks impossible, but very hard :)

Care to share your code?

Care to share your code?

Of course!

Get player_unlockDoor.sqf from dayz_code and change the call path in compiles.sqf.

In player_unlockDoor.sqf find this line:

if(KeyCodeTry >= ((round(random 4)) + 4)) then {

and replace it with this:

if (KeyCodeTry >= 2) then {

_pos = getPosATL player;				
				_list = (position player) nearEntities ["zZombie_Base", 50];
				_maxZeds = ({alive _x} count _list);		

if (_maxZeds < 15) then {
					for "_i" from 1 to 5 do
					{
						_zombieClass = [] + getArray (configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> "Default" >> "zombieClass");
						_type = _zombieClass call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
						_zombie = objNull;
						_zombie = createAgent [_type, _pos, [], 10, "NONE"];
						_live = [_pos,_zombie] execFSM "\z\AddOns\dayz_code\system\zombie_agent.fsm";
					};
				};

I limited alive zombie count to max 15 so it can't be abused.