Option for regulating viewdistance/object_draw_distance under value of 1600

VDLR

I loged into one of the servers which lowered the value of drawdistance and the performance boost was out of the charts. I plead to you that you make it on the server side with cap of 1600, but allow to lower it on user side. It would be a choice if someone want's to lower their ability to spot people afar. I would certienly use it. Hope it is possible. Otherwise I would have to look for servers that lower their drawdistance wich is hard because it would take a loooot of time and do not guarantee succes.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Cen, it seems that it is not only your servers anymore :D (PS i think there was somebody going through your files and releasing it here...................)

I hope you're not talking about our server.  I came up with the idea independently... anyway, its a super simple script so I'm planning on a release / tutorial.

May I get a link to that?

this is the script to provide the seperate view distances in a scroll menu.  how you call this script is up to you.

viewDistance_600 = {
setViewDistance 600;
};

viewDistance_1000 = {
setViewDistance 1000;
};

viewDistance_1500 = {
setViewDistance 1500;
};

viewDistance_2000 = {
setViewDistance 2000;
};

viewDistance_3000 = {
setViewDistance 3000;
};

viewDistance_5000 = {
setViewDistance 5000;
};

opt_main =
[
["",false],
["Set View Distance(600)", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "[] spawn viewDistance_600; "]], "1", "1"],
["Set View Distance(1000)", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "[] spawn viewDistance_1000; "]], "1", "1"],
["Set View Distance(1500)", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "[] spawn viewDistance_1500; "]], "1", "1"],
["Set View Distance(3000)", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "[] spawn viewDistance_3000; "]], "1", "1"],
["Set View Distance(5000)", [0], "", -5, [["expression", "[] spawn viewDistance_5000; "]], "1", "1"],
["", [-1], "", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "0"],
["Exit", [13], "", -3, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"]
];

showCommandingMenu "#USER:opt_main";

• 3 weeks later...