Namalsk Weather/EMP Storms[HELP]

Turtle

Question

so I've done a bit of research. I have found some people talking about the EVR blasts or whatever you want to call them but I tried my best and cant get them going. 

Also I have played on a server a bit ago where you really felt the cold aspect of it. I want to find a way to edit temperature settings so players will need to actually find heatpacks, and I also want to find a way to show the characters breath. Anyone know any tutorials or can help me out?

12 answers to this question

For cold weather, copy fn_temperatur.sqf to your mission file and override in compiles.sqf. Change the following to what you want:

_water_factor =  -35;
_rain_factor = -8;
_night_factor =  -4.5;
_wind_factor =  -1;
_snow_factor        =   -20;

EVR - what issues did you have? Any errors in server log?

Cold breath - I remember reading that someone got it working, but have not seen any release for it.

For cold weather, copy fn_temperatur.sqf to your mission file and override in compiles.sqf. Change the following to what you want:

_water_factor =  -35;
_rain_factor = -8;
_night_factor =  -4.5;
_wind_factor =  -1;
_snow_factor        =   -20;

EVR - what issues did you have? Any errors in server log?

Cold breath - I remember reading that someone got it working, but have not seen any release for it.

Wow thanks for getting to me so fast first of all

I already have the temperature file compiled in there - I just dont understand how the variables work.

Nothing in the log about not being able to find the files anything, but here is what I've done, maybe you can correct me-

-Made a folder in the root of MPmissions called 'Namalsk'

-added a fresh compiles.sqf from dayz_code and changed 

player_temp_calculation	=		compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "namalsk\fn_temperatur.sqf";		//Temperatur System	//TeeChange

-I also found the blowout_init.sqf and added it to the Namalsk folder

-In my init.sqf I have 

ns_blowout = true;
ns_blowout_dayz = true;
ns_blow_delaymod = 0.74;

under my DayZ epoch Config section

And then I added this to my compiles

progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";				//Compile trader configs
progressLoadingScreen 1.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile custom compiles
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Namalsk\compiles.sqf"; //Namalsk Custom Compiles

the 'Namalsk\compiles.sqf' line is what I added.

In mission.sqm I added

class Item2
			{
			side="LOGIC";
			class Vehicles
			{
				items=1;
				class Item0
				{
					position[]={709.88788,-50.00206,3315.8684};
					id=53;
					side="LOGIC";
					vehicle="AmbientBlowout_NS_BLOW";
					leader=1;
					lock="UNLOCKED";
					skill=0.60000002;
				};
			};
		};
	};

and updated the number here

class Groups
	{
		items=3; 

That is everything I did. Now I'm sure I need something that leads to the blowout_init.sqf also but I had no idea what or where to add it.

Also idk if this helps, while I was waiting on my test server to see if anything with the blowouts was going to happen, my game randomly crashed. I am positive my game has never crashed before but I thought it might be a result of something with the blast going on...then again maybe it really did just crash for no reason. 

also if you want I can PM you with my mission folder if you want to loook at it

I'd play with the temperature settings until you find something that suits your server's playstyle. 

And are you sure all the steps in the thread were followed?

Thats the thing, there wasnt really steps, it was just people talking about it and I couldn't really follow along

shit just noticed you posted a link, havent seen the thread before so let me give it a go and i'll get back to you

Thats the thing, there wasnt really steps, it was just people talking about it and I couldn't really follow along

Maybe look over the original post in that thread by jOoPs. I only did what was mentioned there and it works fine for me.

Ok, I found someone to help me with the Blow outs, real simple thing actually lol.

Next I just need the temperature thing but it doesn't really make sense to have it unless I add the breath, do you think you could help me with that?

Thanks MGT, I'll take a look, you have the EVR stuff going too?

EDIT: NVM I See it all, thanks guys, i've played on your servers a couple times, enjoyed my stay whilst i was around

EDIT2: MGT Are you running dayz_namalsk or the regular map server side, i was able to join using the regular map fine