[Release] Epoch Modified & BaseBuilding 1.2 + Useful Plugins

exodon

removal of the variables.sqf is causing me so much trouble..... I cant add additional scripts cause i need to reset their values there and 3/4 of the script is missing.

I tried adding the original one and added the basebuilding values already there from the current one, but now combat roll isnt working.

why oh why is that file so empty T_T....

just to give u guys an update... i wont tell u much ^^ but my mission file raised its size from 1,5mb to 2,1mb.... so u can guess i have added and fixed a lot... gimme few more days and i will release the 0.2.2 (0.3 will be released when 1.0.2 epoch is released)

I don't know exactly if this is the right place to ask because I don't knwo what flavour of BaseBuilding 1.2 our admin has installed, but perhaps someone can answer, nevertheless:

On the server I have a editor-built small base featuring some dragonteeth. Now I used the freshly installed BB1.2 to craft some concrete pillars and 'info boards' to key-lock my base's entrance.

That works rather well (even if the various constraints, plot pole distance 45m, keypad radius 10m, maximum keypads per plot = 2 make for some difficult positioning problems) but the main problem is that the dragon-teeth are raised/lowered, too, despite being part of the mission and not being placed by me.

What makes this _very_ awkward is that the inner and outer keypad have a slightly different set of dragonteeth within their active radius so the state after external/open internal/close leaves some teeth lowered :-(

Is there any way to keep the dragonteeth from being triggered?

Sandbird,

your advice looks good :-)

The 15 would be the radius to look for trigger-able objects in? I think I won't play with this value ;-)

It would sure be nice if one had the possibility to 'wire' N keypads to M objects, though....

Whatever: BB is a great addition to Epoch, thanks to the developers!

Sounds good!

Will you announce in here when it's live - Also, do you update the first thread when you release an update, so we can always check there for the latest link?

I'm back at the weekend, so I'll be trying to install your modpack on a localhost test server soon :D

just to give u guys an update... i wont tell u much ^^ but my mission file raised its size from 1,5mb to 2,1mb.... so u can guess i have added and fixed a lot... gimme few more days and i will release the 0.2.2 (0.3 will be released when 1.0.2 epoch is released)

Thanks for this mod I've added lots of new features myself even though I still cannot get a generator to work for the fuel pump,(anyone else have issues with this?)also in the next build can you add custom loot spawns that have the fuel barrel and better guns as well as hard to find items?

Thanks for this mod I've added lots of new features myself even though I still cannot get a generator to work for the fuel pump,(anyone else have issues with this?)also in the next build can you add custom loot spawns that have the fuel barrel and better guns as well as hard to find items?

Generator works like this (if you dont know)

- Set it up inside 30m from a fuel pump. Put jerry and start.

- Set your vehicle 5m from the fuel pump.

- Go to the fuel pump and roll your mouse....profit. :)

I know its a long shot to be included, but since i am not so confident about my skills regarding dayz->mysql->and back....i'll post the idea here.

I saw in the code friendlies (for tagging) comes from:

_friendlies    = player getVariable ["friendlyTo",[]];

on the same note:

_ownerID = player getVariable["CharacterID","0"];

since we can retrieve characterid from the database etc....why dont we write friendlies list on a table cell as well ?

This way when the server restarts noone has to tag again from the beginning people....They will be saved in the database, till removed again from ingame.

Just an idea....seems logical, instead of the current friendly tag option (which is not working anyways)

Put jerry and start.

- Set your vehicle 5m from the fuel pump.

- Go to the fuel pump and roll your mouse....profit. :)

Thanks for answering my question but where would one put the

jerry?  Next to the pump or the generator ? Because I get no option when i scroll on the pump or the generator.

Nevermind figured it out! :lol:

long time, but a lot has changed  ;)

ok actually i'm running the pre-build 0.2.2 release of my modpack.... i changed a lot and also added a lot... since i use takistan instead of chernarus on my server i wasnt able to test things like the poi's from the bungle pack, but i added a lot of its features / plugins... meanwhile tag friendly is working, i included a spawnsystem where u can set random spawnpoints for bandits / survivors / heros.... and also u can add custom spawnpoints for special uid's (like donators or admins) then i added a settings menu for the players where they can choose the terrain grid (how many grass is vissible... none / medium / all) and the viewdistance... also for takistan map support i have added some spawn-zones... those will have a "Survival Vendor" wich i will add... this vendor will sell things like common food, common sodas, nv, and some other usefull "Survival equip" but this vendor wont buy stuff from players to prevent players to spawn and make 100gold in 5 minutes xD

i also added the feature to remove light poles, wooden sheds, wooden shack, and storage shacks... and the player gonna be refunded for those...

Sarge AI is added too... i've also made a sarge grid for takistan and changed feruz abad into an ai-bandit city... (u need at least 2 - 4 very good players to survive...)

those features wich i have added to takistan will be added soon for chernarus too and then i will checkout some more of the bungle code... after this all is done i'm gonna release the new pack... ;) it will also contain an easy way to enable or disable features... i'm gonna try to do this with only 2 files... but maybe for some addons u will still have to go into other files to disable or enable them, but i also gonna write a tutorial for each feature, how to use, customise or disable it...

another question:

since we have BB1.2 activated the position of crafted buildings (even those crafted with Vanilla-Epoch) may be shifted, mostly 1m to the north.

Why? Is there a way to prevent that? Will they migrate further?

Similar thing with safes that shift their location vertically and revert to the correct state after accessing them.

another question:

since we have BB1.2 activated the position of crafted buildings (even those crafted with Vanilla-Epoch) may be shifted, mostly 1m to the north.

Why? Is there a way to prevent that? Will they migrate further?

Similar thing with safes that shift their location vertically and revert to the correct state after accessing them.

in the upcoming release this is fixed.... sometimes it can be that they still shift a few centimeters... but not meters like it is in the actual release....

and the safe thing.... well this is not fixed but i think we can live with this for the first...

oh and i think maybe on sunday or monday i will send out some "pre-releases".... please send me a private message with your e-mail if u want a copy of the pre-release... but i please u to bring some knowledge... cause the pre-release-pack wont have a manual on how to install or use... only a short but not complete changelog will be included... u will have to install it yourself and i want some "response" if there were any bugs or other issues... so when u take part to this first "closed-beta-test" i want u to write me about your experience with the pack... i'm gonna make a list with those i gave the pack to... all who wont answer, wont get access to any upcoming internal test packs... and please only write me a message when u really have knowledge in arma 2 servers, in scripting and in sql databases.... sorry but i need experienced people for this test....

Just a simple question.

Are these placed items affected by the normal Epoch cleanup of 6 days or what ever it is set to? Or do they last forever?

Do I need to edit the HiveEXT.ini file?

Thanks

Yes u need to edit the hiveext.ini .... base building objects are tied to the same clean up function...

does any of you check the scrips file in the battleye files folder? please check it out and fix it..

well this is a beta and to make it work for everyone i just used the file wich came with epoch 1.0.1.5 server files... i just removed all the "log lines" for testing issues... (those with "1" are only logging to the log files... and "5" kick the player...) i left all those wich had a 5 in epoch 1.0.1.5 but i already seen in the new github dev-release the new scripts.txt has more entries... so dont worry... in the upcoming release there will be a more detailed scripts filter ^^

exodon how did you fix the friendly tag ?

Did you make _friendlies val to hold PlayerUIDs or did you change everything back to CharacterUIDs ?

Cause right now _friendlies holds CharacterUIDs making all the "ifs" in the code useless.

I am just curious cause i am gonna start fixing it, and wanted to know which way you followed so i can update my code easier after you update.

Also...in the server files on server_playerSetup.sqf are you keeping the:

_namespace = profileNamespace;
_friendlies = _namespace getVariable ["friendlies", []];

or did you change it back to the original

_friendlies = [];

This last one has been bugging me alot :P