just a question about 1.0.4.2

woolridge

will the server files of patch 1.0.4.2 be able to work and fix the "server runs outdated version..." error?

if not then i'll stop watching for new patches because it got more and more unreliable with every new patch since 1.0.2.4

which one was the last patch that didn't take me several hours to get it ready

don't get me wrong, the mod itself is great, but when the server files are just to buggy to even start(1.0.4) or just spit out impossible errors (1.0.4.1) it completely kills the morale to play it any longer

Modding, upgrading and running a server or two is a labor of love.  Sometimes upgrades take minutes and sometimes hours (*cough* 1.0.4.1 with trader typo but it was a rush when I debugged it myself)   :)

I highly recommend using version control, some sort of merge and diff-tool if you have more than a handful of mods on top of the mod.  Even the basic mission.sqm can get you bug eye'd without software assistance.

Anyways just my 2 bits.

Modding, upgrading and running a server or two is a labor of love.  Sometimes upgrades take minutes and sometimes hours (*cough* 1.0.4.1 with trader typo but it was a rush when I debugged it myself)   :)

I highly recommend using version control, some sort of merge and diff-tool if you have more than a handful of mods on top of the mod.  Even the basic mission.sqm can get you bug eye'd without software assistance.

Anyways just my 2 bits.

Also, this is awesome advice. I use Beyond Compare for this function. With it you can open up, for an example, your old mission.sqm file, and see it side by side with the new mission.sqm file, with any differences highlighted in red. Something similar is a must have for making mods work with new version releases.

i don't even use other mods on top of epoch anymore (used to run sarge ai but till i only got setup problems since 1.0.3+ i don't even try to add that in)

so here is what i do when i wanna setup the server for chernarus:

1. creating a folder for it and copy in the contents of my arma 2 and OA installation folders

2. downloading the client files via dayzcommander and the server files via the links of the wiki and adding them into the folder

3. creating a new mysql-database and apply the "epoch.sql" query

4. i configure the configs, init.sqf and hive.ini

5. i copy the config-folder and the related batch file into the main folder

6. i start the server via the batch file (mysql running)

7. i start arma 2 OA beta with dayz epoch activated, try to join the server and promt i get the error about the wrong version (what is riddiculous because i use the same client files for my game as i do for the server)

so if someone knows what i am doing wrong may plz tell me...

yep, and therefore i just don't get it why the hell i get this error about wrong version

i already double checked that i use the 1.0.4.1 client and server files and the files are correct,

the database works and the config files (including hive.ini and init.sqf) are configured as i did in prior updates and there it worked just fine till 1.0.4 came out...

yep, and therefore i just don't get it why the hell i get this error about wrong version

i already double checked that i use the 1.0.4.1 client and server files and the files are correct,

the database works and the config files (including hive.ini and init.sqf) are configured as i did in prior updates and there it worked just fine till 1.0.4 came out...

Check your hiveext.log for any errors.

i don't have a hiveext.log, only a server_log.txt and Arma2OAserver.RPT

link to the  RPT file(that is around 2mb after only one start and one try to connect):  http://ul.to/fbrxqjpi

Use dropbox or something that doesn't make people wait and limit DL speed to a crawl next time.

Update your server to VS 2013. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

I think I already know the answer to this question but I'm going to ask anyways, and pray. Anything change in the server.pbo or mission.pbo between 1.0.4.1 and 1.0.4.2? If I have to re-add all my scripts again...ugh.

(btw awesome patch) 

easiest way is to download the 'compare' plugin for notepad++ and browse through the files side by side. easy to identify what you need to patch.

Personally, I like PS Pad text diff. open one file, right click on the other and select text diff with current file. Of course it doesn't have sqf syntax highlighting like NP++

syntax highlighting for NP++: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8680