Q: change out of hero skin?

ekroemer

Hi all,

this will be a known thing but it's news for me, so please enlighten me:

I recently became a hero, then died (damned washing machine jumped my fuel truck -> boom ;-).

I then re-spawned with a hero skin on and now (apart from the annoying hopping at login), I cannot change into other clothes. I'm extremely uncomfortable with that because camo clothing or ghillies significantly increase lifetime on our server...

So, what to do about this?

Does anyone have an idea where to start looking?

Google comes up with a ton of links regarding issues with the 'hopping' when switching into the hero skin (not the bandit skin, however), so I assume that this one is a general DayZ problem.

In the mass of data I couldn't find anything about the inability to change out of the hero skin. Does anyone else have this problem?

I think AWOL was pretty clear..Hero skin isn't a feature of Epoch. At +12K Humanity, i am running around in some Bandit skin (The one with the cowboy hat and cross-chest ammo belts) that I got off of some Bandit AI (Server i play on runs Sarge AI). He made it clear that Hero/Bandit skins (rather the forcefully being put into one) is not a part of Dayz Epoch.

Thus, the server that you play on is the issue: they did something to turn this on. You probably should talk to them about it.

There is little anyone here can do to help you because A)We have NO idea what was changed on whatever server you play on (We can't see the code) B)We aren't the ones that can fix it, that's the admins/owner of that server.

You made it very clear what the problem was, I would suggest explaining it to them just as you did here. They might be able to help.

Not trying to be a dick or be rude, promise, I am just trying to make you understand the situation. (Also you posted this in general discussion when I believe it belongs in the private server section)

Cypher,

sorry if I have offended you.

You are correct, that now, that vbawol stated that this is no Epoch issue, this thread belongs into the private server section.

Having sometimes gotten a bloody nose for opening a second thread regarding the same issue in another subforum, I had refrained from doing so.

I'm, however, happy to let an admin move this topic to the forum you think it belongs (I don't think, I can do this by myself?)

Regarding your advice to talk to the admin on the server I play on: I did this, before I went for advice here.

He databased me another skin, so for this life, I don't suffer from the problem anymore, but will again, after the next death. Other players have the same problem and the admin does not know where it stems from.

vbawols answer that this is no thing Epoch is valuable information but, unfortunately, only says where not to look. Hence I found it legitimate to ask for other's experiences in order to narrow down possible places. Our server is one of the more lightweigth ones, so I hoped it's not the only one having this problem.

So, I think, I do understand the situation, but I still think it's legit to ask on the Epoch forum, albeit not this subforum.