Panthera 2.9 ...tree_crown.rvmat kick 1.0.4.1

mono

Question

Still getting constantly kicked for an error in Panthera 2.9 in both 1.0.4 and 1.0.4.1 (which I was hoping would fix it). 

The last bit of the error message is tree_crown.rvmat -  I'm kicked off the game before I have chance to read it all. I get this error on any 1.0.4.1 Panthera server (I've made sure it's not isolated to my regular server) and on the server I play on the most other players get kicked for this too. For example on my regular server last night I was kicked 5 times in 3 hours. This morning I'd played for 10 minutes and then... you guessed it...

It's not making the game unplayable but it's a PITA and has stopped my flying for the time being.

cheers

mono

Im also getting this error and have been looking everywhere for a fix, my playerbase is getting annoyed and its so fustrating....please anyone with a fix would be a godsend.

errors are .....

Wrong signature ca\plants\data\jablon_3.rvmat and Wrong signature ca\plants\data\tree_crown.rvmat.

Hello everyone!

We are also having this problem on our server. We have a regular group of players - the same 8-10 on each night. Our server ran DayZ Epoch just fine, we then changed to Epoch Panthera two nights ago. Most of us (I think all but 1 so far) get kicked from the server fairly regularly. The server announces in the chat, that they were kicked for a wrong signature on plants or trees. The user simply receives "You were kicked".

For me, if the majority of the players are having an issue, it's server-side not client side. However most Googling seems to suggest client side fixes. So I did re-verify all my Arma2:OA files, and it did find 14 that needed fixing, but it did not fix my issue I was still kicked afterwards.

I can log onto other Epoch Panthera servers and play without issue. (But that's not really the solution since this is my clan's server).

The only thing I can offer as maybe a clue... When we did the change, whichever way our admin did it, all the players kept the items in their backpacks. To me that suggests some of the "old stuff" has been carried over to the "new stuff". Could this have any effect? Did either of you 2 have this same situation?

I fear the solution will be to wipe it all & start again. I'm really waiting til last resort as I know it will make people unhappy.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

- Dan.

More info. Today we wiped the server clean and it went back to DayZ 1.8.  We went straight to Epoch Panthera 1.0.3.1 which worked a treat for a few hours, we then made the jump to Panthera 1.0.4.2 and the problem started happening again. Looks like we'll have to stay with 1.0.3.1 for now.

It might be premature to announce this. But I had an idea that maybe DayzCommander wasn't correctly updating all files when upgrading. So I forced it, and so far (touch wood, 2hrs and counting) it's worked.

Go to Steam. SteamApps. Common. Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Delete (make a backup of) every folder beginning with @. All the addon folders. Go back into DayZCommander and hit Reinstall on them all. It's still a 2gig download but it's perhaps quicker than deleting it all + reinstalling it all.

So far so good, let you know if anything else changes.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Did not fix.

We are having this issue too. Fresh install of 1.0.4.2 Panthera.. I am 99% sure this has nothing to do with the mod, or the client, or the server, but the map instead..

- The thread I started explaining a few issues we are having starting up an Epoch server, this issue included.