Suggestion : Vehicules

Oshydaka

Hi guys.

I'm playing on a server with a lot of people, and the first problem is the vehicules.

There is a lot of vehicules unused because keys was lost, or some people steal wheels, engine etc... and people can't or don't want to fix that.

Any way, can you do something for this, like after X days / weeks, an unused vehicule become unlock.

Another idea : if a vehicule have X% (let's say 80%) of damage, he will be deleted after X days / week.

The last thing : the key vehicule system. My god, that's really hard to find the good key for the good vehicule ! I have 4 vehicules : 4 blue key ! <_<

Why not adding something to know which key go with a vehicule !?

Stuff like that : "Blue key #98674", and "unlock vehicule #98674" when you try to unlock, or "vehicule lock #98674" when you don't have the key.

Or adding other color, there is a lot ! Or a key which look like the vehicule !

Thanks for reading me !

My apologies for my english :D

Edit : Oh, another little thing, can you up the distance of the hero trader to 30 meter instead of 20 meter ?

Yesterday i've try to sell a CH-47F, and it took me like 20 minutes to have the option to sell, and moving slowly and slowly the CH-47F near the trader. The "H" mark is at 21 or 22 meter :/ So it's really hard to sell big choppers to the hero trader :rolleyes:

Hm, no one cares of that ? :/

For me, the more important right now is an random id to keys.

Like Blue Key 54DFO23

So, we can write it somewhere to know which key goes with which vehicule.

Not necessary a link between keys and vehicule, but at least an ID or something !

Hi guys.

I'm playing on a server with a lot of people, and the first problem is the vehicules.

There is a lot of vehicules unused because keys was lost, or some people steal wheels, engine etc... and people can't or don't want to fix that.

Any way, can you do something for this, like after X days / weeks, an unused vehicule become unlock.

Another idea : if a vehicule have X% (let's say 80%) of damage, he will be deleted after X days / week.

The last thing : the key vehicule system. My god, that's really hard to find the good key for the good vehicule ! I have 4 vehicules : 4 blue key ! <_<

Why not adding something to know which key go with a vehicule !?

Stuff like that : "Blue key #98674", and "unlock vehicule #98674" when you try to unlock, or "vehicule lock #98674" when you don't have the key.

Or adding other color, there is a lot ! Or a key which look like the vehicule !

Thanks for reading me !

My apologies for my english :D

Edit : Oh, another little thing, can you up the distance of the hero trader to 30 meter instead of 20 meter ?

Yesterday i've try to sell a CH-47F, and it took me like 20 minutes to have the option to sell, and moving slowly and slowly the CH-47F near the trader. The "H" mark is at 21 or 22 meter :/ So it's really hard to sell big choppers to the hero trader :rolleyes:

If keys are lost the only thing to do is shoot the car until it blows up. there is no other way to get rid of it or unlock it.

People should not be able to take anything other then wheels and glass from vehicles as other parts are non removable.

There is different color keys already, you have just been unlucky to get all blue

You can adjust the sell distance via dayz_sellDistance = 40; in the init.sqf file

Hi.

I know there is other colors. I've also Yellow Key, Green & black.

But in a team safe, or some safe, when you have 4 blue keys, 3 black and 2 yellow, it's hard to differentiate them.

Any way, just a number or an random ID after the name of the key would be really great !

About loosing keys, when you see a locked vehicule, you don't know if someone have still the key. That's why i've proposed something with a delay in weeks / days (configurable would be great) to delete an unused vehicule.

Thanks for the sell distance, don't notice this in the init.sqf :)

Only keys..that are duplicates of eachother (made with the keymaker kit)..will stack.

So if they are stacking in the safe or wherever, they are the same key to the same vehicle.

Regardless of the color, a key to a different vehicle will stack on its own.

I do agree that I wish there was some ability to..name a key.

My partner and I have 4 green keys. A Kamaz, A Refueler, a GRAD (Don't ask), and an Alfa Romeo. Id love to be able to name them with at least something to give us an idea as to which they are.

Hi.

Again i'm upping this because I really think the keys are really important.

But here is another idea for named key.

Why not add a random word picked in a dictionnary list.

A file with some names like Countries, cities name, or even whatever, and the file is store in a array when the server start.

It can give things like : "Key London", "Key Paris", "Key Texas", "Key Australia" etc...

And when a key is named, just delete the dictionnary file, delete the array entry, and recreate the file. With this, impossible to have duplicate keys !!!

Or like i said before, more simple, juste a random number in 6 or 8 digits, or combined letters and numbers.

Thanks for reading me

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, no one cares of that ? :/

For me, the more important right now is an random id to keys.

Like Blue Key 54DFO23

So, we can write it somewhere to know which key goes with which vehicule.

Not necessary a link between keys and vehicule, but at least an ID or something !

1.0.2 will have exactly this feature.

• 3 weeks later...