How to Salvage Vehicle Parts in DayZ Epoch?

epochu

Question

How are vehicle parts salvaged? When I click on Salvage no options are given except Unlock.

The wiki only states this; "The only salvageable parts on cars are tires and windshields this is due to a limitation in the way vehicles are damaged in DayZ such that if an engine or fuel tank is removed (therefor taken to 100% damaged) the vehicle will explode killing the player. The more damaged the part the higher the chance to destroy the part." http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Salvage_Parts

iZVHVcRl.jpg

ltEZafnl.jpg

6 answers to this question

I don't know if Dayz Mod stats are accurate for Epoch, but according to this weapons chart the guns that do the least damage are the 9mm sidearms and submachineguns. 9mm does 889 damage while the Makarov does 1389:

http://dayzdb.com/database/weapon-comparison

It would be helpful if there were charts like this in the Epoch wiki. Know how to get a a wiki account? Maybe we could at least start with Dayz stats and then edit them for Epoch.

I tested a PDW SD.

Damage to the tires of an ATV was only 1-2% when I aimed for the center of the rim, and up to 6% when I shot the tire itself. This was completely unexpected as it seems shooting a tire would destroy it, but those are the results.

Damage to the tires of a Volha was 6-10% when shooting at the center of the rim and 47% when shooting the tire itself. Big difference there or maybe there was another factor.

Also the prices seem exploitable. So I bought the Volha for 2 gold. I got 4 tires off it, 4 windshields, and filled 4 jerry cans of gas (5 copper cost empty). I sold the parts and the salvaged car for a profit of nearly 6 gold (5 gold, 27 silver, 10 copper).