Server is horribly lagging with 1.0.4

Randy the old farmer

Question

Hello People.

I set up a test server and my regular server. Everything is working fine on my test server, all the scripts, even with the same database as the regular server. I uploaded the files on the regular server, where people are playing.

But on the regular server it is lagging so hard that playing is impossible. I updated the Hive.dll and stuff like that.. did someone experience the same? I would really like to update to 1.0.4 again.. but the game is too laggy then .

That's my basic.cfg

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=93750;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
MinBandwidth=4259840;
MaxBandwidth=104857600;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=128;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
serverLongitude=9;
serverLatitude=51;
serverLongitudeAuto=9;
serverLatitudeAuto=51;

Server is from nitrado.de and I'm sitting in Germany

Delete everything in that file, let arma2 handle everything.

Remove your AI from the server, because they eat too much performance.

Delete everything in that file, let arma2 handle everything.

Remove your AI from the server, because they eat too much performance.

so have a empty basic.cfg? You sure that would work? Never heard of that before.

My server lags horribly with 30+ players on, might give this a try if you are super cereal about it.

Alright, Server isn't lagging now. But players spawn with the same gear they die with. I do have the new HiveExt.dll file.

These are the errors showing up.

"ERROR: server_playerSync: Cannot Sync Player Scrubus Maximus [1880]. Position in debug! [-7239.67,19539.3,0.246155]"

8:34:27 "get: STRING (60918406), sent: STRING (60918406)"

8:34:27 "DISCONNECT: Scrubus Maximus (60918406) Object: B 1-1-A:1 (Scrubus Maximus) REMOTE, _characterID: 1880 at loc [-7239.67,19539.3,0.246155]"

8:34:27 "ERROR: server_playerSync: Cannot Sync Player Scrubus Maximus [1880]. Position in debug! [-7239.67,19539.3,0.246155]"

8:34:30 Server: Object 3:234 not found (message 70)

8:34:31 Server: Object 3:239 not found (message 70)

See my post here about the dupe on death thing..

Hey Guys- Just a point of clarification that nobody responded to - post#32 above asked about deleting everything inside the basic.cfg file in Battleye.  Is that a fix?  Does the server someone auto fill this file?

I am running my server from Vert Hosting.  I have been searching all day for a fix for RPT errors, and everyone points back to this basic.cfg file.  Some have suggested chaning Min/MaxBandwidth, others say to increase 3D _Performance, and others say to change or delete MaxMsgSend.

So, now someone says to delete all of it....please advise.  THANK YOU!!!

Oh....problems I am trying to solve are RPT spamming

Server: Network message xxxxxxx is pending

AND

Server: Object xxxx not found (message xxx)

so have a empty basic.cfg? You sure that would work? Never heard of that before.

My server lags horribly with 30+ players on, might give this a try if you are super cereal about it.

Arma fills the basic.cfg automatically each time you restart it.

Im running my server on a dedicated machine, and we have no lag/desync issues whatsoever.

Arma fills the basic.cfg automatically each time you restart it.

Im running my server on a dedicated machine, and we have no lag/desync issues whatsoever.

I tested this empty basic.cfg as well, but my server failed to start automatically as it gave a warning about settings missing from the basic.cfg. Only thing i noticed was that it put "windowed=0" back into the basic.cfg