Custom LoadOut... (Donation Perks)

master52707

Question

19 answers to this question

The Issue Is Following: Sometimes it works. And Sometimes it just auto chooses your gender (Male) And Spawn you in with Default Loadout. And not one of the Admin Loadout Or Donator Stuff..

Same for our server.

if (!isDedicated) then {
	0 fadeSound 0;
	waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
	dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
	execVM "GNL\epoch\Custom_loadouts.sqf";
	player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
	execFSM "GNL\Epoch\player_monitor.fsm";
};

Ditto here and even worst at higher pop times 25+ players started getting stuck in debug(birds). This seems to be the golden goose of all Epoch scripts, it would be great if someone could figure this out.  

Tested, same result.

When we can't choose our gender, we don't have the custom loadout.

We just spawn with the default loadout.

"dayz_selectGender" can be usefull maybe ?

As far as I can tell that is just a variable that holds the gender of the player.

Any ideas around the circumstances of the not being able to choose gender? e.g. Player dies a few mins into the game? does not kill anything or do anything? Or does it just happen and there are no such conditions for it happening?

Having the same issue on my server as well.

In my "scripts/loadout.sqf":

//Default Loadout
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","FoodSteakCooked"];
DefaultWeapons = ["glock17_EP1","ItemFlashlight","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemWatch","ItemKnife","Itemtoolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemHatchet"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";

//Admin Loadout
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["198428934","98765432"]) then { //Admins: Nobody, Somebody
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","FoodSteakCooked","20Rnd_B_AA12_74Slug","20Rnd_B_AA12_Pellets","20Rnd_B_AA12_Pellets","ItemGoldBar10oz"];
DefaultWeapons = ["glock17_EP1","AA12_PMC","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemWatch","ItemKnife","Itemtoolbox","ItemCrowbar","Itemetool","ItemHatchet"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1";
};

//Moderator Loadout
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["14725836"]) then { //Moderators: ThatOtherGuy
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","17Rnd_9x19_glock17","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","FoodSteakCooked","8Rnd_B_Saiga12_Pellets","8Rnd_B_Saiga12_Pellets","8Rnd_B_Saiga12_74Slug","ItemGoldBar10oz"];
DefaultWeapons = ["glock17_EP1","Saiga12K","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemMap","Itemtoolbox"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Backpack_EP1";
};

//Pro-Donator Loadout
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["96385274"]) then { //Pro-Donators: MoneyBags
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","ItemWaterbottleBoiled","FoodSteakCooked","8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets","8Rnd_B_Beneli_Pellets","8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug","ItemGoldBar10oz"];
DefaultWeapons = ["M9SD","Remington870_lamp","Binocular","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemKnife","ItemMatchbox","ItemHatchet"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_GunBag_EP1";
};

//Donator Loadout
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["456789123"]) then { //Donators: Nobody
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemGoldBar","15Rnd_W1866_Slug","15Rnd_W1866_Slug"];
DefaultWeapons = ["glock17_EP1","Winchester1866","ItemMap","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemHatchet"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1";
};

And in my init.sqf (inside my "if (!isDedicated) then" function as required by the tutorial I found):

//Custom Loadouts
[] ExecVM "scripts\loadout.sqf";

A slightly wider view of the above init.sqf line is as follows:

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Custom Loadouts
[] ExecVM "scripts\loadout.sqf";

//Run the player monitor

POSSIBLE FIX:

As xBowBii mentioned above, placing the [] ExecVM "scripts\loadout.sqf"; at the bottom of the init.sqf might have fixed my issue. I spawned/deleted/spawned myself 5 times after doing this. 2 out of 5 times I wasn't shown the Gender Selection screen, but 5 out of 5 times I spawned with the correct CUSTOM loadout as defined in my script, not the default one.

POSSIBLE FIX:

As xBowBii mentioned above, placing the [] ExecVM "scripts\loadout.sqf"; at the bottom of the init.sqf might have fixed my issue. I spawned/deleted/spawned myself 5 times after doing this. 2 out of 5 times I wasn't shown the Gender Selection screen, but 5 out of 5 times I spawned with the correct CUSTOM loadout as defined in my script, not the default one.

I'll try this.

if (!isDedicated)

What does that means ?

This is my custom_loadout.sqf :

_puid = getPlayerUID player;

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","ItemPainkiller"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlight","ItemWatch","MeleeMachete","ItemMap","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemKnife"];
DefaultBackpack = "US_Assault_Pack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackMagazines = ["ItemBandage"];

//[RR]Gogéta effective le 13/01 + roroco effective le 13/01 + dive effective le 13/01
if ((_puid == "171846470") || (_puid == "152172806") || (_puid == "73026502")) then {
DefaultMagazines = ["5Rnd_86x70_L115A1","5Rnd_86x70_L115A1","5Rnd_86x70_L115A1","5Rnd_86x70_L115A1","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","HandGrenade_west","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","Skin_Sniper1_DZ"];
DefaultWeapons = ["BAF_LRR_scoped","MakarovSD","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemHatchet","ItemMatchbox","ItemKnife","ItemToolbox","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemCrowbar","ItemEtool"];
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "Mk_48_DZ";
DefaultBackpackMagazines = ["100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240","ItemPainkiller","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanPasta","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemMorphine","ItemMorphine","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanPasta"];
};

//admin loadout for test shutups jarjar lokiir abricot
if ((_puid == "148183814") || (_puid == "101955590") || (_puid == "24883270") || (_puid == "90947462")) then {
DefaultMagazines = ["7Rnd_45ACP_1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","ItemMorphine"];
DefaultWeapons = ["Colt1911","ItemFlashlight","ItemWatch","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemHatchet","ItemToolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemEtool"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_British_ACU";
DefaultBackpackMagazines = ["ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanPasta"];
};

//weed effective le 13/01 + ussr mickael surkov le 23/01 + syseb le 23/01 + [USSR] Nikolai Bocharov 24/01 + smid 24/01
if ((_puid == "150233350") || (_puid == "170162182") || (_puid == "137387014") || (_puid == "28031494") || (_puid == "136814534")) then {
DefaultMagazines = ["30Rnd_762x39_SA58","30Rnd_762x39_SA58","30Rnd_762x39_SA58","7Rnd_45ACP_1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911","7Rnd_45ACP_1911","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","ItemMorphine"];
DefaultWeapons = ["Sa58V_CCO_EP1","Colt1911","ItemFlashlight","ItemWatch","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemHatchet","ItemToolbox","ItemCrowbar","ItemEtool"];
DefaultBackpackMagazines = ["ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanPasta"];
};

This,

if (!isDedicated)

is basically used to differentiate between the client and the server. IsDedicated means a dedicated server and the ! means NOT so the section of code in the if block is for the client pc to run.

This is used as the mission's init file gets run on both the server and the client on startup. This and IsServer together allows both the each type of machine to have specific commands run on them.

If you want to thoroughly understand the differences these might help

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-basic-multiplayer-coding/

http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=26

POSSIBLE FIX:

As xBowBii mentioned above, placing the [] ExecVM "scripts\loadout.sqf"; at the bottom of the init.sqf might have fixed my issue. I spawned/deleted/spawned myself 5 times after doing this. 2 out of 5 times I wasn't shown the Gender Selection screen, but 5 out of 5 times I spawned with the correct CUSTOM loadout as defined in my script, not the default one.

EDIT : It doesn't work ! same issue.

Edited by ABRICOT

Change your loadout file to this.

private ["_isSet","_puid"];

waitUntil {(getPlayerUID player) != ""};

_isSet = false;

_puid = getPlayerUID player;

if ((_puid == "######") || (_puid == "######")) then {

DefaultMagazines = ["5Rnd_86x70_L115A1"];

DefaultWeapons = ["BAF_LRR_scoped"];

DefaultBackpackMagazines = ["100Rnd_762x51_M240"];

_isSet = true;

};

DefaultMagazines = ["7Rnd_45ACP_1911"];

DefaultWeapons = ["Colt1911"];

DefaultBackpackMagazines = ["ItemSodaPepsi"];

_isSet = true;

};

DefaultMagazines = ["30Rnd_762x39_SA58"];

DefaultWeapons = ["Sa58V_CCO_EP1"];

DefaultBackpackMagazines = ["ItemSodaPepsi"];

_isSet = true;

};

if (!(_isSet)) then {

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage"];

DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlight"];

};

And add this line above the 'call compile' lines. This should ensure it is loaded correctly for the player.

[] ExecVM "Loadouts.sqf";

P.S - Untested! :P

Hi I have tested that and it doesn't seem to work, I still spawn with default loadout..

When you say default loadout.. do you mean this?

DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage"];
DefaultWeapons = ["ItemFlashlight"];

Edit:

Do not use previous version. Bugged. Here is what I use now.

Edited by Judge Bread