Will there be an Epoch launcher ?

Richie

I'm wondering if you guys have an plans to make an official Epoch launcher for the A3 mod ?

Keeping this in house would be much easier all round, at the minute there are delays between you releasing files and Josh supporting them on DZC.

Also adding extra maps is something DZC has always been slow to do, I understand he waits until there is a demand for them but without support you don't get demand, new maps like NAPF Island and Sauerland are supported by Epoch but i can't see them hitting DZC any time soon, will there even be a DZC for A3 ? someone needs to create a launcher to support new maps.

The bandwidth costs could be offset by getting sponsorship from a GSP or have a small advert in the launcher, with an advert it could even be an additional source of income towards running costs :)

You can also include a news section in the launcher, communicate with the players directly who never visit forums.

People are too lazy or stupid to do things manually, make it easy for the end user and life becomes easier for everyone.

I do not think that DZC will make a version for A3 since no dayz based mods are even allowed in A3. We might make a launcher but we currently have PlayWithSix and I believe Steam Workshop.

Napf is actually a part of dayz epoch 1.0.4 so no extra downloads will be needed. The same with Sauerland when its ready.

Playwithsix i've always found buggy and Steam is no better, eventully a community made launcher would be made but an official launcher would be better :)

It was just an idea, i'm sure something will happen nearer the time.

We are on the same page. Thanks for the suggestions!

I do not think that DZC will make a version for A3 since no dayz based mods are even allowed in A3. We might make a launcher but we currently have PlayWithSix and I believe Steam Workshop.

Napf is actually a part of dayz epoch 1.0.4 so no extra downloads will be needed. The same with Sauerland when its ready.

Any update on when Sauerland will be ready? Just along with 1.0.4 if I correct. Looking forward to it :)

• 2 months later...