PVE Jail Script

fr1nk

Instant Jailtime for player killing? Would this work with something like the Player kill message script.

PlayerA Killed PlayerB at Distance with Weapon.

Then Instead of just generating a message it could also move the PlayerA "Killer" to a location..until admin removed them or they found a way out...

Possible I guess.

Instant Jailtime for player killing? Would this work with something like the Player kill message script.

PlayerA Killed PlayerB at Distance with Weapon.

Then Instead of just generating a message it could also move the PlayerA "Killer" to a location..until admin removed them or they found a way out...

Possible I guess.

No clue about the messaging, but my hope was that PvP would be made so inconvenient and annoying that people who might try it would get bored and leave. My clan isn't too big on PvP and we try to attract other PvE-minded folks to our community.

Basically, the script appears to insta-teleport the shooter to a jail cell that cannot be exited or entered. The timeout is configurable. Upon being teleported, all the player's items/weapons are removed. When the timeout is over and the player is teleported back into the world, all items/weapons are returned. Personally, I'd change the spawn point to somewhere off the southern coast of Chernarus to give them a nice long swim back  :lol:

a really good ideé, i've a safe zone on my server, then if i can make it when you enter in this zone, All kill = auto Jail it was a Great idea :)

Hey Nox, let me know if you can get this working  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was playing around with this last night and it seems to work great in the editor. Install instructions are relatively clear but there's one step that I'm unsure of:

Add the following line to the "init" field each playable & non-playable "friendly" unit:

null = this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul = [_this select 0, _this select 1] execVM "jail\wrongful_kill.sqf"}];

I have no idea what to do with this since it seems to be referring to the init field of the character unit in the editor. Is this jail script portable to DayZ?

Thanks for any help

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18524

What about adding this to the mission.sqm file for the player spawns, like in this bit? (taken from my standard mission.sqm):

position[]={-18709.713,379.10086,25923.943};
azimut=-17.0839;
id=11;
side="WEST";
vehicle="Survivor1_DZ";
player="PLAY CDG";
skill=0.60000002;
init="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';";
};
Not sure exactly how it would be formatted, but maybe someone else can help with that, or just test it maybe?

I'm trying DESPERATELY to get hold of working pbos for epocj 1.0.1.5 with base building 1.2 tonight, as I've put some time aside to update my server and promised some players & mods I'd do that, but once that's sorted and on my live server, I'm tempted to have a bash at this on my test server :D - If I do, I'll let ya know how it goes.

I'm no sqf/m coder though, just learning as I go (hence not got base building mod working yet with 1.0.1.5 LoL)

I'm going to experiment with it over the weekend, but I'm fully expecting my server to crash/freeze/blow up because of something I did, or didn't do :D

Hahhaa :D

I have setup a basic epoch server on my office network for testing :D

For now it's just to try to get base building working, but once thats done, I will use it as a mirror of my live server pretty much, and just test new mods on it :D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i'm a little bit stuck, i'm fighting this code for 4 days now.

I hope anyone can help me.
I got the whole script working on AI kill
Now i'm trying to find the trigger were i can call the file if you kill a player like it called the file in the death Ai script.

This is the trigger in the DZAI ai_death.sqf file

_victim addEventHandler ["killed",[_this select 0, _this select 1] execVM "jail\start_punish.sqf"];

i tried a files listed below to call the file.

server_playerDied.sqf
player_death.sqf
also tried it to call it from the init.sqf

no succes