[Release] Base Building 1.2 by Daimyo21 With improvements 0.3 by kikyou2 + More building materials

You sound like some kind of glory-seeking dong, so I'm sticking with TayTay's files.

he right exodon maybe you should work toghether with taytay....

They where place holders so i could see what i was moving around :D

ok cool cant wait for a release.....

Just so you guys know, this work is created by Daimyo, edited by a few other guys whom he credited in his notes. It was then improved by kickyou2, and various other people of opendayz.net, so talking about  "theft" of open source code that has passed many hands with many edits, changes, original ideas and code added and change, really doesnt apply. Calling it your own code, doesnt apply either. So rather than people competing with mulitple versions why not all work together to bang out a nice version for all to use as a base line.

Im working with Taytay right now to get this out the door, and close up some expliots, and include Daimyo's newest fixes into this work. I'm telling you this will most likely become the standard that all servers will use.

FYI, anyone using previous versions of base building, you will want our exploit fixes. Right now, ANYONE can use an exploit to open your base up like it was thier own, dupe MASSIVE amounts of items too. These are now fixed.

Be patient and stay tuned .

Hi Guys,

Sounds great!

I don't mean to rush you at ALL, just wondered if you had an eta for a release? If it's a couple of hours, or a couple of days or more, all good :D

I am only asking how it's going really, and if you had a rough goal in mind for a release - just so that I can plan some time to test it out etc :D

Armifier - I completely agree with what you say about people working together, would be much better that way, rather than having two forked versions :P

Armifer and I have  been working our ass's of since this topic was posted. I have had about 2 hours sleep so far! Fun times lol

The GUI is coming along nice now and Armifer if working hard on patching exploit's and updating the code to Daimyo21's Newest code.

Just so you guys know, this work is created by Daimyo, edited by a few other guys whom he credited in his notes. It was then improved by kickyou2, and various other people of opendayz.net, so talking about  "theft" of open source code that has passed many hands with many edits, changes, original ideas and code added and change, really doesnt apply. Calling it your own code, doesnt apply either. So rather than people competing with mulitple versions why not all work together to bang out a nice version for all to use as a base line.

Im working with Taytay right now to get this out the door, and close up some expliots, and include Daimyo's newest fixes into this work. I'm telling you this will most likely become the standard that all servers will use.

FYI, anyone using previous versions of base building, you will want our exploit fixes. Right now, ANYONE can use an exploit to open your base up like it was thier own, dupe MASSIVE amounts of items too. These are now fixed.

Be patient and stay tuned .

Here's a small teaser of what we have been working on.

Current required materials are:

Tanktrap, Wire, Sandbag, Lumber, Plywood, Grenade, Tin, Hbarrier(ItemSandbagLarge), sandbag_nest_kit, Scrap, Pole, Fencing, Aluminum, desert_net_kit, forest_net_kit,wooden_shed_kit,ItemBurlap,PartGlass.

Currently 50 build-able objects, only things that make sense and have a function are included. Simple player made houses, fortifications, and some desert themed items for the desert maps, as they were lacking from this addon.

They are designed to be an end game solution, and prevent bases from popping up over night, so they require lots of crafting of Epoch specific materials and kits, to make the best stuff. It is a tiered system, where easier to build stuff does not cost as much as the largest/best objects. We reintroduced build time, so it takes about the same amount of time to build an object as it does an epoch one, 30 seconds max.

So the mega bases filling up your DB wont be as big of an issue as it takes a lot more time to build them, and the lone wolf player can still make a small camp for himself. Also working on a fix to prevent "walking out" of build-able objects from your plot pole, to truly limit players to the size of their designated base.

The ability to open anyone's gate panel exploit has been fixed.

Re-enabled the panel limitation, 4 per base, to prevent an exploit, and to balance base building

The ability to troll build on anyone's base has been fixed.

A plot pole gives you 30m as standard epoch does, but it claims 200m of territory, preventing others from building around you. Plot poles can still be destroyed, and are not remove-able, so protect them by building a nice structure around them. (The default base building limited bases to 300m apart, but we felt that was too far, so we lowered it)

If anyone has any suggestions or anything to contribute please PM us here on the forums or post a message!

Questions about the Interface.. Would it be possible to replace the .jpg images with .paa files? As I could work on the recipe list to remove the backgrounds and only show the objects. Not sure on the size however is it may balloon the client files.

Also The background.. would it be possible change it to a new one like a 2 page notebook as a .paa file?

Changing the buttons to something more Pen Marker (Hero) / Pencil (Survivor)/ Blood (Bandit) and have humanity variables on some buildings?

Not just asking as I would be willing to supply the Png's and generate the paa files if needed.

Thinking something like:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/blank-notebook-page-7010970.jpg

Just dirtier and more suiting.

This menu as brilliant as it is was written by a programmer..  

Questions about the Interface.. Would it be possible to replace the .jpg images with .paa files? As I could work on the recipe list to remove the backgrounds and only show the objects. Not sure on the size however is it may balloon the client files.

Also The background.. would it be possible change it to a new one like a 2 page notebook as a .paa file?

Changing the buttons to something more Pen Marker (Hero) / Pencil (Survivor)/ Blood (Bandit) and have humanity variables on some buildings?

Not just asking as I would be willing to supply the Png's and paa files and generate the paa files if needed.

Thinking something like:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/blank-notebook-page-7010970.jpg

Just dirtier and more suiting.

This menu as brilliant as it is was written by a programmer..  

jpegs seem to compress more then .paa from what i have seen When making new item images.

And thats a cool thing to think about at some point :D.

Getting there lol

getting_there.jpg

also i noticed a problem in the last version of basebuilding for the earlier epoch version..when wanting to build you had to have the exact amount of materials in your inventory no more or no less..you would think having more wouldnt effect it but it did.. im not sure if this was already fixed or not just throwing it out there

This is how base building script works. That is intended, the epoch system is different, and this one could be made to work like that but for right now its not a priority, just gota follow a recipe to the T.

A plot pole gives you 30m as standard epoch does, but it claims 200m of territory, preventing others from building around you. Plot poles can still be destroyed, and are not remove-able, so protect them by building a nice structure around them. (The default base building limited bases to 300m apart, but we felt that was too far, so we lowered it)

Nice work guys :)

Would the above be configurable? At 200m, it would essentially prevent my playerbase from creating a clan camp as we do now.

How is this Building update coming along?   It says here is the link and edit link, but not see a link so I assume they are just place holders after reading the thread and seeing it is a work in progress.

I've been working at getting this going with no real luck so far.  I'll keep a watchful eye out for your release. 

Nice work guys :)

Would the above be configurable? At 200m, it would essentially prevent my playerbase from creating a clan camp as we do now.

If you were to make them too close, another player can pop up a base next to yours and build a panel to open your gates. You could just add their plot poles right next to yours in the database, thus bypassing this. Make it a special perk for clan mates or groups on your server can request it. I might be able to have a work around on it, but 200m is very very close. Expect a troll to move in next door, ive been playing on base building servers before Daimyo released his code , and now managing one for many months, and I can tell you, players are oh so very creative with this base building, you can expect a lot of problems unless there are ways to prevent it coded in, supplemented with rules of your own.

If you were to make them too close, another player can pop up a base next to yours and build a panel to open your gates. You could just add their plot poles right next to yours in the database, thus bypassing this. Make it a special perk for clan mates or groups on your server can request it. I might be able to have a work around on it, but 200m is very very close. Expect a troll to move in next door, ive been playing on base building servers before Daimyo released his code , and now managing one for many months, and I can tell you, players are oh so very creative with this base building, you can expect a lot of problems unless there are ways to prevent it coded in, supplemented with rules of your own.

Makes sense, thanks  B)