Need help with building maintenance and settings

chisel

Question

I could really use some help with the whole plot pole, building maintenance, server cleanup settings.

I've tried various things and I still have players bases disappearing in chunks.

Here's what I'd like to have:

Plot pole required to build.

Modular building maintenance turned off.

Modular building items be deleted after 30 days of owner not logging in (or similar).

Unrelated, I'd like some help setting up bicycles on the coast that reset to their original positions each restart?

Anyone here willing to help me fix this stuff?

I'm not a sql, scripting, programming expert but I get by, I learn fast too. 

Thanks,

Chisel

We ran into a problem where players like myself are putting up  plot poles  in their bases.  The maintain area preview states something like   "0 building objects  found   Two 10 once gold to maintain."  and that is in the middle of a building that once stated 65 objects found, 1 briefcase to maintain over a week ago.  It seems that the 1031 patch broke it.          I  fed it the two 10 oncers  3 days ago and now the entire  bottom two floors of a once awesome base are now gone.  And  only 21 days after the last time I maintained these same walls with  lumber/plywood/ mortar.      I even took down the plot pole and bought a new one this morning and it still does not see any building objects  yet it is inside a 4 story building...

Other players  walked right in  took anything of value and burned the rest of what they could not take until they ran out of jerry cans.

We ran into a problem where players like myself are putting up  plot poles  in their bases.  The maintain area preview states something like   "0 building objects  found   Two 10 once gold to maintain."  and that is in the middle of a building that once stated 65 objects found, 1 briefcase to maintain over a week ago.  It seems that the 1031 patch broke it.          I  fed it the two 10 oncers  3 days ago and now the entire  bottom two floors of a once awesome base are now gone.  And  only 21 days after the last time I maintained these same walls with  lumber/plywood/ mortar.      I even took down the plot pole and bought a new one this morning and it still does not see any building objects  yet it is inside a 4 story building...

Other players  walked right in  took anything of value and burned the rest of what they could not take until they ran out of jerry cans.

As far as I could investigate this, it's intended.

Area Maintenance now only counts buildings that actually need maintenance, and not the total number; this way you know if something needs to be maintained or not.

You need to run an SQL event to frequently set buildable's damage level over 10% though, otherwise the option to maintain won't be there, and therefore I suspect the area maintenance will have no effect on them.

Edit: Here, set the INTERVAL to how old you want buildings to be before showing a maintenance option:

UPDATE `Object_DATA` SET `Damage`=0.11 WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 7 DAY) AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )
As for the OP, you need to tweak your HiveExt.ini to set the cleanup interval, and then do something like the above.

And for the pole requirement DZE_requireplot = 1; in your init.sqf.

Unfortunately I can't help you for the "last time owner logged in" thing, my coding knowledge can only do so much :(

Hi all,

Im having issues with walls, and floors disappearing also. It was my understanding that setting a negative value to the clean up interval (see below) disabled the decay feature. It was fine until the update. Now it looks like houdini is running my server. I'm gona try setting the cleanup really high just to see what happens.

;Negative values will disable this feature
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted
;CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

Hi all,

Im having issues with walls, and floors disappearing also. It was my understanding that setting a negative value to the clean up interval (see below) disabled the decay feature. It was fine until the update. Now it looks like houdini is running my server. I'm gona try setting the cleanup really high just to see what happens.

;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted

;CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

Just remove the ; infront of CleanupPlacedAfterDays.

Keep it -1.

Ok I have had "CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1"  and no, there is no ";" in front of it, it is not commented out.

It's been this way for a long time.  Maintenance as far as I can tell has still been required all along. As if the -1 has had no effect.  Now after 1.0.3.1, Maintenance is still required but you can't  maintain.

Can we get an EPOCH DEV to chime in here?  I'd lover to hear from them what's intended, how it's supposed to work and how to fix it.

Can a dev get back to us on this please?

Ok I have had "CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1"  and no, there is no ";" in front of it, it is not commented out.

It's been this way for a long time.  Maintenance as far as I can tell has still been required all along. As if the -1 has had no effect.  Now after 1.0.3.1, Maintenance is still required but you can't  maintain.

Can we get an EPOCH DEV to chime in here?  I'd lover to hear from them what's intended, how it's supposed to work and how to fix it.

Can a dev get back to us on this please?

Did you happen to ever solve this problem?

Yep, we have it working just fine, actually turned it off for a bit, but cleaning up manually sucked so maintenance is turned back on.  Maintain is available after 14 days, after 24 with no maintenance, the stuff is deleted.

Where you been?  We were all just talking about you tonight wondering where you've been.

Have exploring other maps besides chernarus. Set up my lan on Napf; learning to get the features i want working, playing with editor. Other games. Work. Girlfriend. lol, i will be on tomorrow. 

I was trying to get maintenance turned off earlier today for a little bit. Alot of threads i saw were older. Is it as easy as an on off switch?

Hi and very sorry to jump in on the thread. I've had a look in my HiveExt.ini  and cannot see the line that was mentioned above. Would it then be ok to add it in? Sorry but i can do some thing's. But due to a lack of banana's and brain cells this Monkee has got himself stuck.

Hi and very sorry to jump in on the thread. I've had a look in my HiveExt.ini  and cannot see the line that was mentioned above. Would it then be ok to add it in? Sorry but i can do some thing's. But due to a lack of banana's and brain cells this Monkee has got himself stuck.

post your hiveext.ini

This is my hiveext.ini for example

you are missing huge chucks from your HiveEXT.ini

look at mine:

;This is a comment
;Comments above a certain setting will provide it's description

;The format for a setting is 
;Variable = Value

;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default
;To change from the default, simply uncomment the line and change the Value

;This configuration file should be placed inside your server instance's configuration directory (like cfgdayz)

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = -8
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 13

[Database]
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
;If you leave this line commented or blank, HiveExt will connect to the OFFICIAL Hive, which requires registration
;See support.dayzmod.com for more information on what OFFICIAL Hive means, what are the rules, etc.
;If using OFFICIAL hive, the rest of the settings in this section have no effect
Host = localhost

;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = MySQL

;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 3306

;Database name to connect to.
Database = dayz_epoch

;Username to connect with
Username = root
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password = 

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, appropriate layout will be used
[Characters]
;The field name that Player's IDs are stored in (unique per game license)
;Some table layouts have this as PlayerID, and some as PlayerUID, that's why this is configurable
;IDField = PlayerUID
;The field name that Player's World Position and rotation is stored in
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, as it will clean up by itself
[Objects]
;Which table should the objects be stored and fetched from ?
;Table = Object_DATA

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBVehicles = false

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, it will manage objects on its own
[ObjectDB]
;Setting this to true separates the Object fetches from the Character fetches
;That means that the Object Table must be on this other database
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = MySQL
;Host = localhost
;Port = 3306
;Database = dayz_epoch
;Username = root
;Password = 

compared to yours:

;This is a comment

;Variable = Value

;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default

[Time]
Type = Static
Hour = 15

[Database]
Type = MySQL
;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 2303 // 3306
Database = epoch // dayz_epoch
Username = dayz //root
Password = dayz // i would use blank, or should match the password option at the bottom. 

[Characters]
;IDField = PlayerUID
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

[Objects]
;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;ResetOOBObjects = false

[ObjectDB]
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = MySQL
;Host = localhost
;Port = 3306
;Database = dayz // dayz_epoch, again...
;Username = dayz // root, again...
;Password = CHANGEME // match password option above

i commented in the stuff that you have that needs fixing. so much is missing. i would download this HiveExt.ini

at least look at the differences in the code. 

Dactyl, most of yours is actually commented out.

this is all thats being read from your file

[Time]
Type = Static
Hour = 13

[Database]
Host = localhost
Type = MySQL
Port = 3306
Database = dayz_epoch
Username = root
Password = 

[Characters]

[Objects]

[ObjectDB]

Also a lot of what you have said to change is wrong. Just because your port, database name etc are different does not mean that every ones is the same as yours.

monkeebhoy,

I have had a look at your HiveEXT.ini file and it all looks ok to me apart from having the part missing to stop items being cleared up and also it looks like you have the location of your database missing but depending on your host this may be intentional.

Who is your host?

Give this code a try and see if it works for you. I have added in the part you need to stop items being cleared up and also the bit that looks like its missing however i have commented it out.

;This is a comment 

;Variable = Value 

[Time]
Type = Static
Hour = 15

[Database] 
Type = MySQL 
;Host = (NORMALLY THERE IS A IP ADDRESS HERE OR I THINK LOCALHOST WORKS ALSO - IF YOURS IS WORKING OK THOUGH I WOULDN'T CHANGE THIS. IF YOU DO WANT TO TRY THIS, REMOVE THE ; AT THE START OF THE LINE)
Port = 2303 
Database = epoch 
Username = dayz 
Password = dayz 

[Characters] 
;IDField = PlayerUID 
;WSField = Worldspace 

[Objects] 
;ResetOOBObjects = false 

[ObjectDB] 
;Use = false 

;Type = MySQL 
;Host = localhost 
;Port = 3306 
;Database = dayz 
;Username = dayz 
;Password = CHANGEME 

Dactyl, most of yours is actually commented out.

this is all thats being read from your file

[Time]
Type = Static
Hour = 13

[Database]
Host = localhost
Type = MySQL
Port = 3306
Database = dayz_epoch
Username = root
Password = 

[Characters]

[Objects]

[ObjectDB]

Also a lot of what you have said to change is wrong. Just because your port, database name etc are different does not mean that every ones is the same as yours.

I used the database and username from the tutorial i watched to set up my server. Also the port was already in there, 2302 works interchangeably with 3306 for me. But you are right, i would assume as long as the DataBase, Username, Port and Password match it should work. Thank you!

my host is vilayer also.

try the code i posed before for you but remove the ";" before "host =" and add your server ip address after it. the rest of the line can be deleted so it should say this in the database block (change the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for your ip)

[Database] 
Type = MySQL 
Host = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Port = 2303 
Database = epoch 
Username = dayz 
Password = dayz