Humvee GPK for 2 10oz?

So just been checking out the new traders, and was surprised to see that the Humvee GPK was only 2 10oz gold.

I was just wondering what the logic was behind that default price?

The GPK is ridiculously hard hitting and with the removal of the anti-material rifles there is basically no defense against them.

To put this into context, a Vodnik with 2 weaker mg's is 3 times as expensive at 6 10oz gold.

So yeah, wat.

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

hehe, nice. The traders/pricing is a work in progress, we are about to push a sql update to add missing items. We now have 100oz briefcases for higher end items like this. Both of these should probably fall into the 2 x briefcases + category. What does everyone else think?

hehe, nice. The traders/pricing is a work in progress, we are about to push a sql update to add missing items. We now have 100oz briefcases for higher end items like this. Both of these should probably fall into the 2 x briefcases + category. What does everyone else think?

As long as server owners can adjust the prices as needed.  On the one I play 200oz of gold is easy to come by, on others its almost impossible.

As long as server owners can adjust the prices as needed.  On the one I play 200oz of gold is easy to come by, on others its almost impossible.

I agree with Eegore, here, there are huge differences between servers in terms of loot/vehicles you are able to assemble.

As a single player on some it's extremely difficult to get even the 12*10oz for a safe. For a clan on the other hand gold per capita can be farmed much more easily.

I'm afraid one of the reasons default prices are going up is that now there are more established players then in the mod's early time, thus giving the impression that gold is easy to come by. But as in RL, the more money you already have, the the easier it is to make even more.

I don't see a general solution for this. It will be up to an active admin to cater to all sorts of players, for example by steering the number of vehicles available per type.

Some thoughts:

• Any player, even solo should be eventually able to afford a high end vehicle, this should not be the privilege of the strongest clan on the server which it ultimately would be if price is the only steering mechanism.
  • The loss of a high end vehicle is nothing to a clan but a catastrophe to a solo player.
  • The high end military vehicles are the only ones that give halfway decent protection and as such it would not be too bad if there were many of them.
  • But they also have great offensive capability and given that their ammo is refilled at every server restart you get the situation that a handful of GPKs/Armored SUVs can consistently shoot down anything that drives or flys -> map dominance.
  • I think, I'm fine with the change in the 50cal rifles. They are basically cheap vehicle-denial weapons and as such overpowered.

On prices:

• I do not think the inflation of prices is the answer to a gameplay-balancing problem, it would only temporarily inconvenience the clans and put off solo players for good.
  • It may be that the prices before were not quite balanced, the price of some rifle being not much less than the one for a good vehicle.
  • But a general increase (10-fold or more!) only shifts the problem into a higher price range, it will take a lot of fine-tuning to get decent relative values of goods.

Basically I think you want to keep the game balanced (between players) while simultanously ensuring that low/mid end gear still has it's place (we don't want to re-enact Kursk with Armored SUV's, do we?).

My suggestion would be the following:

• A revised handling of vehicle ammo: no automatic refill, only manual (the owner is forced to actually farm again) or reammo-trucks (and those the admin can take out of the spawn/trader lists). This instantly ends the vehicle dominance because the farming driver can be ambushed like every pedestrian. This way a high end vehicle still is something you strive for but it does not give you the kind of power as before.
  • A safeguard for locked vehicles (make them indestructible or introduce a lockable indestructible garage), so when the solo-ist buys his hard-earned vehicle it is protected against destruction while he's logged out (the singlemost important reason for frustration in the game is the destruction of hard-earned high value goods by kiddies who don't even run a risk when they log in while everyone else is asleep).